Author Topic: Couatl restart loop  (Read 5107 times)

TroyW

Couatl restart loop
« on: January 03, 2016, 12:38:25 am »
I am getting an error message that an addon is causing Couatl to restart.  When I hit "OK, Couatl tried to rstart and the airport loads briefly before the error message comes back.  It's an endless loop.  I have most of the FSDT sceneries as well as FlightBeam and GSX, so I don't want to start uninstalling everything unless absolutely necessary.  I reinstalled addon manager and I have verified that all products are installed and active.  Any ideas?  Thank you!

couatl v2.0 (build 2378)
panic log started on Sat Jan 02 16:17:33 2016

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\__init__.py", line 52, in checkBglmanVersion
  File "couatl\common\liveUpdate.py", line 75, in liveUpdate
  File "couatl\common\preferences.py", line 109, in _setPreference
  File "couatl\common\preferences.py", line 46, in writePreferencesToDisk
IOError: (13, 'Permission denied', u'C:\\Users\\Troy\\AppData\\Roaming\\Virtuali\\CouatlAddons.ini')

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl restart loop
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 10:36:34 am »
I reinstalled addon manager and I have verified that all products are installed and active.  Any ideas?  Thank you!

couatl v2.0 (build 2378)

This version is quite old, and it's not possible you would get it by reinstalling the Addon Manager, unless you reinstalled it using
an old download.

However, that's not the cause of your problem.

IOError: (13, 'Permission denied', u'C:\\Users\\Troy\\AppData\\Roaming\\Virtuali\\CouatlAddons.ini')

Which seems to be a permission problem in your folder, which of course is not normal, since you should always allowed to write into your folder.

Do all the following. DO NOT skip ANY step.

- Reboot Windows

- Download and install the CURRENT GSX Full installer.

Don't do anything else. Don't reinstall anything other that the latest GSX Full installer. No need to uninstall anything either. Just do exactly what I've said. Reboot Windows and download and install the latest GSX.

TroyW

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 05:06:43 pm »
Thanks for the quick response.  You are right, I had installed an old version.  I went to the website, downloaded and installed the latest version of GSX there.  I am still getting the same Couatl restart.  What is strange is that I am not getting any new error logs in my AppData\Roaming\Virtuali folder.  The last error log is from last night before I installed the new GSX version this morning.  My program list is showing GSX version 1.9.12.  Is that the latest?  I don't now how to check the version of Couatl.

Thanks again. 

TroyW

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 07:00:38 pm »
I now believe this is a problem not with any FSDT product, but something larger within my FSX folders.  I say this because I have discovered all kinds of other issues with other programs and addons.  My guess is that something has been moved or corrupted within FSX.  I will await your response, but my next move is likely be to wipe my FSX drive and do a clean install of P3D.  I have had P3D for months, but have not installed it yet.  Looks like this might be the time to make the switch.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 06:20:59 pm »
I am still getting the same Couatl restart.

I hope it's not the *SAME* restart, but a similar one, with the current version, which is 3.0 build 3187!

What is strange is that I am not getting any new error logs in my AppData\Roaming\Virtuali folder

The error log (Couatl.ERR) is created only if logging is DISABLED, otherwise errors are listed in the Couatl.LOG file

Also, the latest Couatl will give you the option the error log in Notepad whenever there's an error. Have you see that ?

I don't now how to check the version of Couatl.

Like any other Windows executable, the version can be checked in two ways:

1) By hovering the mouse on it, the tooltip will indicate the version number.

OR

2) Right-click on it, select "Properties", then "Details".