Author Topic: Unable to start FSX after trying to install PHNL **SOLVED**  (Read 6502 times)

cyclopean

Unable to start FSX after trying to install PHNL **SOLVED**
« on: December 20, 2015, 10:16:52 am »
Okay folks!

I just installed PHNL and tried to start FSX but it keeps crashing with a message about a module FSUIPC4.DLL causing a problem. I updated my ADDON Manager but that did not solve the problem. Also I downloaded and installed the latest FSUIPC module from Peter Dowson, but still unable to get back into FSX.

I don't know what got into me to try this tonight, as I've been happily enjoying my FSX for weeks, months, and years, and have installed and removed all kinds of programs without incident (except for tonight).

Can someone please tell me what's going on and try to assist?

Thanks!

Update:

Now FSX is complaining about my ActiveSky Next as_btstrap.dll and crashing as well :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 03:15:17 pm by virtuali »

christiaan

Re: Unable to start FSX after trying to install PHNL
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 11:19:20 pm »
Maybe it is the same issue as mentioned is other topics that the Addon Manager is the problem.

Other members are waiting for a fix.

cyclopean

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 04:40:22 am »
Oh boy...not what I wanted to hear...thanks Christian!

Looks like I'm screwed!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

papakilopilot93

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 11:00:11 am »
yes me too, after bought FSDT honolulu, hawaii vol.1 and vol.2, install into FSX, baaaaam, after so many years having a stable FSX with over 700GB addon, suddenly my FSX won't start anymore. and turn out, it affecting my GSX, flightbeam denver and qw 757 too. so now i have to uninstall all of this scenery, and FSX went to normal again without any CTD whatsoever.. after doing a clean uninstall of all FSDT and add on manager, i just tried to install GSX and it worked. and when i try to reinstall honolulu again, FSX won't start again.. any help from FSDT??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 11:01:32 am »
I had the first Teamviewer session with an affected user right now, and witnessed the crash. I reinstalled the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and it was fixed. I cannot explain it, other than he must have a bad download somehow.

So, first try to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon manager now.

papakilopilot93

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 11:12:17 am »
my problem either with FSDT honolulu or FSDT hawaii vol.1 and vol.2. not with flight beam denver or GSX or qw757. after installed FSDT honolulu five times, my FSX won't start, but i will try to uninstall the scenery, install it again and install the stand alone addon manager after all of the FSDT scenery. if the problems still exist, i will contact you and request for team viewer.

thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 11:13:39 am »
Just reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager now, no need to reinstall the sceneries.

papakilopilot93

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 03:11:34 pm »
it worked, after install FSDT honolulu, i reinstall stand alone addon manager, and voila, it worked. i just been activated the scenery too. really really worth the money, it's beautiful.. but i have low frame per second, around 13-20 in carenado hawker.

now its time to install FSDT hawaii vol.1 and 2

thanks a lot Umberto, you did a great job man.. appreciate it..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 03:15:13 pm »
it worked, after install FSDT honolulu, i reinstall stand alone addon manager, and voila, it worked.

Thank you for the report, I'll mark the thread as "solved"

cyclopean

Re: Unable to start FSX after trying to install PHNL **SOLVED**
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 04:59:31 pm »
Worked!

Umberto...you're the man!!