Author Topic: Shadows and Jetways  (Read 3370 times)

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
Shadows and Jetways
« on: December 17, 2015, 08:35:28 am »
Hey everyone!

Been having an issue or two with FSDT CYVR in Prepar3D v3. First, there's an issue with the cloud shadows wherein a pan to the east makes the entire airport go dark, as though under a heavy overcast even on a bright day. Only happens with panning, and I've isolated it to be a problem with the cloud shadows, but nothing more. This affects only the airport and none of the surrounding landscape (off of Sea Island).

Second issue is that I'm seeing some duplicate jetways in the sim when I press Ctrl + J. One activates, but there seems to be another stationary one behind it. I have only one CYVR folder in the FSDT folder, and only one active in the scenery library. Haven't gotten this issue in FSX, and I have no other CYVR addons that would serve conflict as far as I'm aware.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated - thanks!!

Regards,

Derek

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Shadows and Jetways
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 08:41:53 am »
Only happens with panning, and I've isolated it to be a problem with the cloud shadows, but nothing more. This affects only the airport and none of the surrounding landscape (off of Sea Island).

What do you mean with "panning". You mean the problem happens only in Slew mode ?

Second issue is that I'm seeing some duplicate jetways in the sim when I press Ctrl + J. One activates, but there seems to be another stationary one behind it. I have only one CYVR folder in the FSDT folder, and only one active in the scenery library. Haven't gotten this issue in FSX, and I have no other CYVR addons that would serve conflict as far as I'm aware.

If the same jetway works fine in FSX, it would indicate the scenery is fine.

If the duplicated jetway is *identical* to the moving one, it's not a scenery conflict (the other jetway would look different in this case), and in this case the problem is caused by video driver settings issues, since jetway use a vertex shader.

Try this:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
Re:
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 09:23:55 am »
I will certainly try that for the jetways. The stationary jetway is indeed identical, so I'll give the drivers a shot. As for the bigger issue, that of the lighting, I mean to say that whenever my frame of view is pointed in a certain direction, the entire airport is covered by full cloud shadows. The problem only persisted with clouds in the sky, but it *only* affected CYVR, and nowhere outside of the reach of the scenery. Haven't tried it in slew mode yet. This was just for VC, external and avatar, with and without EZCA.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk