Author Topic: Couatl not working with "German Landmarks" **SOLVED**  (Read 15373 times)

achmedfsx

Couatl not working with "German Landmarks" **SOLVED**
« on: December 14, 2015, 10:41:26 pm »
After installing XPOI in my system, I got a message
couatl v3.0 (build 3187)
 panic log started on Sun Dec 13 18:59:38 2015
 problem raised by engine or unspecified addon

(no further text), but only, if I fly in germany, starting in other countries (austria, denmark), XPOI works.

After disabling everything in XPOI except "Settings" : geonames / wikipedia POIs and facilities, I got the following message:
problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSXit_Xpoi_ICON_HELIPORT'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSXit_Xpoi_ICON_HELIPORT'
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}

After reactivation of every selection in the XPOI menu and disabling selectively the "German Landmarks" scenery, I found out, that the XPOI disfunction is related to a scenery "German Landmarks Airfields". So I can fly without "German Landmark Airfields" and XPOI or with "German Landmark Airfields" and no XPOI.

German Landmark Airfields consists of two subfolders:
scenery with many .BGL files
texture with many .BMP's and one .DDS

Is there any fix for this ?
Can I change something to avoid the couatl crash ?
Shall I investigate deeper the German Landmarks folder ?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:05:58 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl not working with "German Landmarks"
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 10:43:15 am »
There's a small bug in the SIM.CFG file that comes with XPOI, but it cannot be noticed unless the scenery has heliports. To fix it, open the following file with Notepad:

FSX\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_XPOI\SIM.CFG

Search this line:

[fltsim.162]

And change the two following lines from this:

title=FSXit_Xpoi_B_ICON_HELIPORT
model=FSXit_Xpoi_B_ICON_HELIPORT

into this:

title=FSXit_Xpoi_ICON_HELIPORT
model=FSXit_Xpoi_ICON_HELIPORT

Save the file, and it should work.

achmedfsx

Re: Couatl not working with "German Landmarks"
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 06:36:40 pm »
OK, worked, German Landmarks "Airfields" scenery and couatl seem to live happy site by site, no crash  ::)
Many thanks from Germany  ;D