Author Topic: cyvr installer cannot find p3p ver 3 **SOLVED**  (Read 3579 times)

pluff

cyvr installer cannot find p3p ver 3 **SOLVED**
« on: December 02, 2015, 07:06:47 am »
Just downloaded latest CYVR installer but when I try to run it, a splash screen comes up with FSX Steam, P3d V1, V2 and V3 all greyed out. FSX Steam and P3D V1, V2 are not installed on my system, just FSX and P3D V3. I am trying to install to my new P3D Ver 3. I turned off my AVG antivirus when downloading the installer and when running the install. Other addons can find the P3D installation folder. Any thoughts, many thanks, Peter Luff.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 05:40:28 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: cyvr installer cannot find p3p ver 3
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 03:01:19 pm »
a splash screen comes up with FSX Steam, P3d V1, V2 and V3 all greyed out.

Already discussed here, it's surely a problem with your P3D registry keys pointing to the wrong folder:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12854.0.html

Other addons might work just because they are looking for FSX, and are finding P3D if you use the P3D Migration Tool, but you must turn if off, when using a proper P3D installer which needs to recognize P3D as such.

pluff

Re: cyvr installer cannot find p3p ver 3
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 05:37:51 pm »
Many thanks for your prompt response. Sure enough there were multiple entries for P3D V3 in the registry. Cleared these out and CYVR installer ran perfectly and test flight from/to CYVR very smooth, no issues. Many thanks again, Peter L.