Author Topic: Booking Parking Services  (Read 9378 times)

vadriver

Booking Parking Services
« on: November 30, 2015, 04:43:58 am »
I apologise if there is earlier discussion on similar lines but could not spot any.

Also let me write how i use almost exclusively FSDT's GSX & Airports throughout the continental US ... KSFO, KPHX, KSAN, KSEA are the exceptions for obvious reasons.

I am thus keen having used GSX since its release to ask about a feature you may have considered and / or others might also use, even if it is only for "your" / selected airports.

As the topic title suggests ...and as currently Parking Services can only be invoked after destination landing ....I wonder whether you could have an option / feature that allows "booking" of a gate at your destination in advance of landing, perhaps before departure and / or before TOD.

I guess along the lines that to do this GSX would need to know the destination via a GSX search function based on ICAO codes which finds the appropriate AFCAD etc.etc.

Fingers are crossed that doing something such as this has no FPS / Memory impact.

My thinking behind asking is that "invoking Parking Services does consume delaying time in an already busy sequence after rollout & runway exit".

I trust you (& others) see merit in the idea / thinking if it not a major task & of course possible.
cheers
john

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Booking Parking Services
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 01:24:58 pm »
This has been discussed already on the forum, and there are many good reason why it should't be done:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10679.0.html

vadriver

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 12:13:32 am »
umberto

thanks for your reply .... I never thought of using the term "preselect" in my search !!

I knew it wouldn't be a "simple" solution but thought possible .... but not at the expense of time & other features.

for the moment, i'll continue using my Logitech g13 keypad macros to at least (with one button push) select a known empty gate I have put in the afcad.
cheers
john

mroschk

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 09:38:56 am »
but it is the same in real live.
You get the arival gate during the flight.

Maybe you can make it possible if a flightplan is load in the flightsim.
If yes you can easy read the Destination airpot and then we can select the gate during the flight.
if there is no flightplan then not :-)

If the Pilot flies with ATC he can ask the ATC for the Gate and then preselect this in GSX.
If the Pilot arrives at the Destination Airport and the Gate is blocked by another Multiplayer Aircraft
or a static airplane .. the shit happens .. and the Pilot have to slect another Gate...no Problem,
then he have to use GSX like it is now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 10:22:16 am »
but it is the same in real live. You get the arival gate during the flight.

But you don't get the gate during the flight with the FSX ATC, which waits until you land.

Maybe you can make it possible if a flightplan is load in the flightsim. If yes you can easy read the Destination airpot and then we can select the gate during the flight. if there is no flightplan then not :-)

That's a possible solution, but it will still require many changes to GSX that, right now, is designed not to do anything unless you are on ground.

If the Pilot arrives at the Destination Airport and the Gate is blocked by another Multiplayer Aircraft or a static airplane .. the shit happens .. and the Pilot have to slect another Gate...no Problem, then he have to use GSX like it is now.

That's precisely one reason why it wouldn't be of great value being able to preselect a gate, when most of the time, you'll have to change it anyway.

vadriver

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 01:57:14 am »

............... but it will still require many changes to GSX that, right now, is designed not to do anything unless you are on ground.

umberto

i must confess after reading the gsx manual back then (p5 "you normally call") i thought you could invoke parking airborne if within the airport's visibility ... though found otherwise with trying.

so then, if it were simple to turn off the "on ground" need, couldn't we then selectively increase an airport's visibility above the default, perhaps to 50nm.

of course you would need to recognise there probably would be other airports in that area which may need to be excluded and / or tweaked depending on the track you (normally) use.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 02:00:54 am by vadriver »
cheers
john

mroschk

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 10:45:35 pm »
Code: [Select]
But you don't get the gate during the flight with the FSX ATC, which waits until you land.

I never use the FSX ATC. If you want to use it, you can not use the GSX Preselect..no Problem because this is the users decission.

That's a possible solution, but it will still require many changes to GSX that, right now, is designed not to do anything unless you are on ground.

I dont know how GSX is programmed, but it is only a Flag ( AC on Ground or not )

That's precisely one reason why it wouldn't be of great value being able to preselect a gate, when most of the time, you'll have to change it anyway.

I checked this bevor my first request of this.
I did a lot of flights ( around 50 or maybe more ) at IVAO and also offline.

At IVAO i request the Gate from the Controller at the TOD and i never had to Change the Gate after landing.

Offline i simulatd the selection of the gate also at TOD and i had at 2 flights a blocked Gate.

So...that is ( form me ) not a Point to reject this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 01:25:27 pm »
I never use the FSX ATC. If you want to use it, you can not use the GSX Preselect..no Problem because this is the users decission.

What you use doesn't really matter. It was most users use that matters and, as I've said, it's useless adding an option that doesn't add much to a MINORITY of users (those that use 3rd party ATC), and will be entirely useless to the MAJORITY of users, which use the default ATC.

I dont know how GSX is programmed, but it is only a Flag ( AC on Ground or not )

You are confusing the WAY of detecting if the airplane is on ground, which is really easy, and GSX OBVIOUSLY use already, with the fact its overall structure is DESIGNED to work on the assumption you are on ground, which is a totally different issue.

Again, there are COUNTLESS of other features that are WAY more important and will add value to EVERY user, before we'll ever consider doing this.

mroschk

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 01:05:00 am »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 03:52:39 pm »
http://rfe.ivao.hk/booking#arr

I'm not sure what you are trying to say with that link. It just proved my points about how small if the percentage of those flying online.

About a hundred of players flying on IVAO now ? There are more than 460.000 FSX users JUST for the Steam version, and more than 2000 playing just now, and that's excludes FSX standard version and P3D.

http://steamspy.com/app/314160

mroschk

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 01:39:52 am »
look at the Gate Column..Gates are known Long time before the Pilot arrives  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 09:08:04 am »
look at the Gate Column..Gates are known Long time before the Pilot arrives  ???

Again, I'm not arguing that gates are known in advance, that should have been plenty clear from all my previous replies, if you read it carefully enough.

I was just saying that, being able to do that can only be useful when flying online and it will be basically useless when flying with the default ATC, which is what most users use and, by linking that site, you just proved my point about how much smaller is the percentage of those flying online compared to those that don't.

Which confirms what I said that, several times by now, it's useless adding an option that doesn't add much to a MINORITY of users (those that use 3rd party ATC), and will be entirely useless to the MAJORITY of users, which use the default ATC.

Again ( for the last time, I hope ), there are COUNTLESS of other features that are WAY more important and will add value to EVERY user, before we'll consider doing this.

mroschk

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 09:46:45 pm »
i understand your Point with the other issues GSX have. There are Busses driving into the Buildings, Trucks driving into the Marshaller Car and so on.

But try to undertsnad also my Point. I am very sure there are a very lot of users flying on IVAO and using GSX.
Anyway...user who using the Default ( horrible ) ATC must not use the preselecting Gate if they dont want,
it is not a must. But those who Need this Feature can use ist and enjoy GSX a bit more.