Author Topic: O'Hare no buildings  (Read 10338 times)

hendrik

O'Hare no buildings
« on: November 28, 2008, 11:31:00 pm »
Purchased O'Hare some time ago - worked fine, brilliant product.

Haven't flown to O'Hare for some time - some addons added since (photographic scenery and FTX AU mainly).

Then for no apparent reason got the couatl scripting engine error message on firing up FSX.

Searched these forums and followed all advice; downloaded and reiinstalled O'Hare. Couatl error message disappeared. Addon manager appears
in FSX, and O'Hare is listed as active. All should be well, BUT still no buildings. None in trial versions of Zurich or JFK either although when I start
there the trial starting message comes up as expected.

I'm at a loss - help much appreciated.

Hendrik

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: O'Hare no buildings
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 01:19:46 pm »
If you see the Addon Manager menu, and it's shown O'Hare as active, then you don't need to worry about either the software properly running, or with your registration. If the Addon Manager says the scenery is Active, it IS active.

If you don't see any scenery, not even for 5 minutes, it might be because you don't have O'Hare in your Scenery Library. This might be due by other addons you installed that corrupted your scenery.cfg, or as a result of having hand edited it.

Check your Scenery Library to see if it shows O'Hare and if not, just add it manually by browsing your FSDreamTeam\OHare folder, then restart FSX. Same for Zurich and JFK.

hendrik

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 03:10:25 pm »
Sorry, should have mentioned that I have them in my scenery library. Also inactivated them and deleted them from the
library and reinstalled O'Hare. After reinstallation O'Hare appeared at the top of my scenery library, ticked as active. Everything
else OK as described in my last post. Still nothing, not even for 5mins, even though for the trial version of Zurich and JFK message
comes up "trial period starting" - but no bulidings there either!

Aren't listed in scenery.cfg, but loads of my (working) scenery aren't listed either. (scenery.cfg is dated August 2007!)

Whoops - looking at backup scenery.cfg. My working cfg does have all dreamteam airports listed

3rd edit

Problem solved - thanks for pointing me to the correct scenery.cfg file (why is it in a different directory to fsx.cfg??). There was a corrupt entry prior to the O'Hare entry. Fixed.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 06:13:09 pm by hendrik »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 08:20:55 pm »
Problem solved - thanks for pointing me to the correct scenery.cfg file (why is it in a different directory to fsx.cfg??). There was a corrupt entry prior to the O'Hare entry. Fixed.

Yes, the scenery.cfg used by FSX is not in the FSX root folder, like it was in FS9, but it's located at %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\FSX

There IS a scenery.cfg in the FSX root folder, but this is just a backup with only default sceneries, and it used if the real one gets deleted or corrupted beyond repair.

svogeler

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 12:29:41 am »
Hello,

unfortunately I am currently experiencing the same problem as the one Hendrik described above.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:03:39 am by virtuali »

davidal

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 01:21:41 am »
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem (and even folloed the same checkl-list). Addon manager appears normally and says product is active. However, no buildings appears (only a part of them). Uninstalled everything and downloaded and installed the latest version of the escenery from the site. The problem is still there. This started when I downloaded and installed the Greystone scenery. May be something got corrupted?
Honestly, I like FSDreamteam sceneries but they need to do something to prevent this from happen.
Would appreciate some help.
Rgds,
Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 02:21:43 am »
We are updating our servers in preparation for the KLAS release, and this might affect the online update for older sceneries, because you could get a wrong file while we were in the middle of updating it.

In the meantime, you should be able to fix the issue by installing the Stand Alone Addon Manager from here:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/setup_addonmanagerX.exe

This will update only the sceneries it finds already installed so, you have to run it after installing the sceneries. If you install another scenery, run its setup again after that.

davidal

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 03:00:25 am »
It works!!!
As usual, thank you very much for your support.
Rgds,
Dan

svogeler

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 10:41:56 am »
Worked for me too. Thanks for the fast help!  :)

Best Regards,
Sven

JamesChams

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 04:56:26 am »
Virtuali,

I, too, noticed this issue AFTER I upgraded KORD from v1.0 to v1.5 and THEN installed KLAS.  It looked like PIC 6 & 7 (BEFORE installing KLAS) and then after installing KLAS it looked like PIC 1 -> 5.  So, I re-downloaded KORD and installed it and it was fine.  But, as per reading on the forums about the "EXE.xml" I re-downloaded KLAS to let the installer upgrade every thing and PIC 1 -> 5 occured again.  However, I followed your instructions (in the above mentioned post) about re-downloading and installing Addon Manager by itself and KORD was restored to PIC 6 & 7.

So, my question is, If I reinstall future updates of KLAS (or any further packages -KFLL, KDFW, etc.) will I have to re-install AddOn Manager X AFTER the installation of any of these airport packages to ensure the KORD doesn't lose its scenery?

BTW: Coualt and the Addon Manager were in the FSX Menu.  And, the seperation of tags <Path> and <Name> on different/seperate lines (in the EXE.xml file) now allows the installer(s) to preserve the AICarriers code in the "EXE.xml" file and does NOT delete it.  So, those are NO longer Issues (See Pic 3 & 7).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 01:45:27 pm by virtuali »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 01:54:48 pm »
So, my question is, If I reinstall future updates of KLAS (or any further packages -KFLL, KDFW, etc.) will I have to re-install AddOn Manager X AFTER the installation of any of these airport packages to ensure the KORD doesn't lose its scenery?

No scenery will lose its buildings when you install KLAS, because KLAS installer updates all the sceneries you already have to a version compatible with it. The only way you might lose the buildings, is if you DID NOT had KORD installed when you installed KLAS, and then you install it using an old installer (not the one that is currently online)

In this case, as explained many times already, you can to any of the following 3 things, and ALL will fix the issue:

1) reinstall KLAS, so it will update KORD

2) download the current stand-alone Addon Manager, so it will update KORD

3) re-download the current KORD installer.

There's no difference at all, all 3 will fix KORD (and Zurich as well)

So, to reply to your question, since you already re-downloaded KORD, you already have a version that is compatible with KLAS so, it will just work, without doing anything, and regardless of the order you install it.

If you don't see buildings at any stage, DON'T DO ANYTHING. Try to simply see, on that moment, if you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus. If you don't, don't do anything, exit from FSX and restart it, and see if gets sorted it out by itself.

JamesChams

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 05:44:52 pm »
...No scenery will lose its buildings when you install KLAS, ....

Ok; if you say so; but as long as you've got my point that it did happen to my setup....And, do what ever it is you need to do, to ensure that the installer(s) are NOT creating conditions that require users to invent solutions or do repeated re-installs to "this or that" in order for things to work again, I won't have a need to keep coming to you for solutions.  This is NOT a complain but, user feed back.

As far as I can tell everything works properly now and I'll send you a PM over the weekend for my Windows Registry request.
Thanks for listening.

Ciao! 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 05:46:56 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 06:02:46 pm »
And, do what ever it is you need to do, to ensure that the installer(s) are NOT creating conditions that require users to invent solutions or do repeated re-installs to "this or that" in order for things to work again, I won't have a need to keep coming to you for solutions.  This is NOT a complain but, user feed back.

The installers are ALREADY working like this. If you install KLAS, it will always, automatically, update all the other sceneries, so you DON'T require to do "this or that".

There is a problem that seems to be happening on your machine and on the one from GerdD, that the utility ( tidy.exe ) we use to FIX XML corruptions and wrong formatting created by OTHER products (like the missing xml header, or the tags on a same line in your case ), for a reason I can't understand, just don't run so, the file that was corrupted by OTHER products, is not fixed so our installer can complete properly.

I've checked and there's just no reasons I can see why that utility shouldn't run, it doens't have ANY dependency on any other dll and it should run on any windows system. We haven't wrote that utility, it's the official one made by W3C to fix malformed XML files that don't comply with the standard, and this is necessary, to clean up the mess created by other installers.