Author Topic: Xclass compatibility?  (Read 114764 times)

walterg74

Xclass compatibility?
« on: November 28, 2015, 12:17:01 am »
Hello. I am interested in buying some Xclass products, but I see all the threads here are very opd, and I don' t know where to see info on their compatibility.

Are they FSX only, and just box or do they also work with the Steam Edition?

Tanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Xclass compatibility?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 11:01:07 pm »
The XClass installers are made for FSX. They won't install if FSX:SE is installed alongside FSX.

They will work if you install FSX:SE stand-alone, which is how most of the FSX-only addons that don't specifically recognize FSX:SE are installed.

walterg74

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 01:10:50 am »
The XClass installers are made for FSX. They won't install if FSX:SE is installed alongside FSX.

They will work if you install FSX:SE stand-alone, which is how most of the FSX-only addons that don't specifically recognize FSX:SE are installed.

Thanks, I have it standalone so I guess it should work. Last question, is the "eCD" product just all of the xclass products in a vundle, but still a download?

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 01:26:00 am »
Thanks, I have it standalone so I guess it should work. Last question, is the "eCD" product just all of the xclass products in a vundle, but still a download?

The CD version includes some extra landclasses ( "Rest of the world", basically) that are not available separately. You'll receive a CD by mail, but you'll be able to download it immediately.

luko

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 09:38:53 pm »
I have also installed FSX:SE on fresh Windows, so I assume there will be no problem with installation, but I have now Windows 10 - do I have to expect any problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 01:28:00 pm »
I have also installed FSX:SE on fresh Windows, so I assume there will be no problem with installation, but I have now Windows 10 - do I have to expect any problem?

I don't think so. Nobody reported it anyway.

luko

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 07:22:44 pm »
Ok, thanks.