Author Topic: ATC Trouble and scenery mistakes  (Read 18415 times)

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: ATC Trouble and scenery mistakes
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2015, 06:37:51 am »
 The lineup and wait issue is due to the hold lines being too far from the runway in the scenery. I've fixed it for my own use by making 26L/08R wider to fit within the required amount. You don't see a wider runway as the airport file is underneath the scenery.
 As for using the north for departure, that too is an easy fix. Simply use ADE or AFX to edit the airport to your liking.
 Examples of things to edit yourself :
 -close the north runway to departures
 -remove the long ago decommissioned Rwy 26A
 -close Rwy13/31 as it too is only used when the wind exceeds the crosswind limit for 26/08.
 -personally I also unlink taxiway L past L4 so that the AI from the southside will still use A in conjuction with the main terminal traffic when on 08R. Otherwise all of the AI get's routed to L for the full length including traffic from the south terminal etc who then have to taxi across 08R on the way out.

flightsim91

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 05:52:16 am »
The lineup and wait issue is due to the hold lines being too far from the runway in the scenery. I've fixed it for my own use by making 26L/08R wider to fit within the required amount. You don't see a wider runway as the airport file is underneath the scenery.
 As for using the north for departure, that too is an easy fix. Simply use ADE or AFX to edit the airport to your liking.
 Examples of things to edit yourself :
 -close the north runway to departures
 -remove the long ago decommissioned Rwy 26A
 -close Rwy13/31 as it too is only used when the wind exceeds the crosswind limit for 26/08.
 -personally I also unlink taxiway L past L4 so that the AI from the southside will still use A in conjuction with the main terminal traffic when on 08R. Otherwise all of the AI get's routed to L for the full length including traffic from the south terminal etc who then have to taxi across 08R on the way out.
That is great, but which file do I edit ;D? So can I move the hold short far enough back to line it up with the one on the texture and widen the runway enough to put it within the hold short limit? If the fix is this simple, why didn't FsDreamTeam do it?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 06:40:19 am »
 CYVR's airport file is CYVR_AP.bgl.

flightsim91

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2015, 06:19:15 am »
I opened it with ADE, I only saw black runway links, not the actual runway in that file, am I doing something wrong here? I don't see any options for takeoff and landing disable in the runway links options.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2015, 08:40:19 am »
An updated AFCAD for CYVR with enlarged runways is online now. Download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager (or reinstall CYVR), and reply YES to the question about downloading updated AFCAD to get it.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2015, 08:54:48 am »
 To edit in ADE you can select Lists and then choose the runway that you'd like to work on.

flightsim91

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2015, 03:46:06 am »
Yep, I downloaded it and the south runway works great now. Couple questions though:
1. Why not move the hold short node back to where they are suppose to be in real life and widen the runway to meet the limit on the hold short node?
2: The yellow lights unit beside the hold short line is not flashing like they do in real life, I have the red lights when runway is occupied, but not the alternately flashing yellow lights.
Lastly, I managed to close the north runway for takeoff and south runway for landing, now I'll just have to test it more and report back.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 03:55:27 am by flightsim91 »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2015, 08:47:43 am »
Lastly, I managed to close the north runway for takeoff and south runway for landing, now I'll just have to test it more and report back.

It should work fine.. Mine has been like that since the day it was released.

flightsim91

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2015, 10:25:24 pm »
It works well now, what would be nice is to widen the runway even more so the hold short points can be placed as they are in real life. Again, great work, very enjoyable.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2015, 11:36:40 pm »
 You can widen the runways to your hearts content. Runway hold shorts I prefer them to be closer to the runway like they used to be, mostly to lessen the distance and therefore the time it takes for the AI to line up etc.
 The wig wags I would assume are pretty generic. Airports in real don't all use the same type or style so to recreate them in the scenery exactly as they are in real life might not be very practical. The red stop bars for instance at CYVR irl are only used in actual Low-vis operations when the RVR's are below 1200feet.

flightsim91

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2016, 06:32:02 am »
First of all happy new year. Having flown around for a bit both in sim and in real life, I discovered something. I was going to San Francisco on the 27th and it was rainy and the red lights were not on, but the yellow flashing lights are on all the time. A question though, later last year, Vancouver swapped the takeoff and landing runways around for some reason, never found out why. There wasn't runway maintenance in progress, so why did they do that?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2016, 06:45:35 am »
 The yellow wig wags are on 24/7, the red stop bars are ONLY used when the RVR's fall below 1200feet. Runway changes at YVR are very common, sometimes happening 3-5 times a day. It all depends on the winds.