Author Topic: ATC Trouble and scenery mistakes  (Read 18435 times)

flightsim91

ATC Trouble and scenery mistakes
« on: November 27, 2015, 10:23:43 pm »
Hello FsDreamTeam members:
  I just purchased your scenery and it was amazing. I do however have a few problems. First and foremost, I cannot get takeoff clearance at RWY 26L, AI has no problems, but all I was ever told was line up and wait, I seen the other post about this issue, but my AI doesn't have problems only I do. Secondly, having flown out of Vancouver A LOT of times, I cannot help but point out that there shouldn't be A330 and B777 on Dash 8 gates around Gate 32 and 33, and also, the curve, dashed line that lead the planes out of the "drive-thru" gates. Thirdly, the front part of the SkyTrain from the side is way too round, the left and right edges are sharper. Lastly, the lower wall below the windows on the International Pier is a much lighter blue. Please fix these problems or please point out what I'm doing wrong. Thank you and keep up the great work!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ATC Trouble and scenery mistakes
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 11:07:36 pm »
First and foremost, I cannot get takeoff clearance at RWY 26L, AI has no problems, but all I was ever told was line up and wait, I seen the other post about this issue, but my AI doesn't have problems only I do.

If AIs take off, it means the scenery doesn't have any problem, you are simply not on the hold short. Have a look where the AIs stops, and just go there.

Secondly, having flown out of Vancouver A LOT of times, I cannot help but point out that there shouldn't be A330 and B777 on Dash 8 gates around Gate 32 and 33

Airplane type is not something the scenery can really control, it's changes depending on the AI package you use.  It's possible to control (somewhat) the AIRLINES that park on a specific parking, but not the types, not precisely, but only by acting on the parking size.

But acting on the parking size, even if it might "fix" some airplane types assignments, might cause other problems to YOUR airplane, like jetways not working or activating from the wrong parking.

And of course, we always try to give preference to the airplane YOU are flying, rather than the AI.

and also, the curve, dashed line that lead the planes out of the "drive-thru" gates.

What about it ?

Thirdly, the front part of the SkyTrain from the side is way too round, the left and right edges are sharper. Lastly, the lower wall below the windows on the International Pier is a much lighter blue.

Please send some pictures. These are VERY minor issues (especially the color tone), which might or not be fixed, but that we can keep in mind for future updates.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 02:50:55 am by virtuali »

flightsim91

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 04:48:18 am »
1: If I was cleared for takeoff straight from the hold, no problem, once I get taxi into position and hold, I never get clearance for takeoff.
2: What I meant was not AI B777 or A330 sitting there, is the stop markers on the taxi-in line on the gate, there shouldn't be any A330, B777 stop position signs on the Dash 8 pier, please fix that, it looks silly parking the front wheel of my Q400 right next to a sign that says "B737 B777".
3: Sorry, I forgot to say, the lead-out lines are not there, if you look on Google Maps, there is a dashed line going in almost a semi-circle that aircrafts taxi on when they leave instead of getting a push back. Every Dash 8 gates have one EXCEPT 35, which is a pushback gate.
4: Your SkyTrain MODEL looks slightly too aerodynamically efficient, the ends are more straight from the side. The color is almost exactly correct. I know its a VERY minor issue, but since FSDT looks for realism, I thought I'd put in my part.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 07:10:40 pm by flightsim91 »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 11:28:49 pm »
 Gate 32 and 33 using the default airport file from FSDT you shouldn't have any large AI parking there and the fault as Umberto mentions is in your AI. The spots are set at 18m and AI A330's and B777's should be all above 30m wingspan depending on the actual type.

flightsim91

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 12:49:29 am »
Again, NOT AI AIRCRAFT PARKING IN THE SPOT. It's the sign on the ground next to the taxi in line saying "A330,B777".

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 03:00:31 am »
 Ah gotcha, my bad.. ;) Umberto has mentioned this before, it's a generic gate lead-in line for every gate to help with performance.

flightsim91

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 02:27:39 am »
Ahhh, that's great, BUT, FsDreamTeam SHOULD, release a version in which user can choose if they want better fps, lower realism on the ground OR lower fps, better realism on the ground, kinda like what FlyTampa did with their Toronto (which I also have, by the way and yes it turns my FSX into a slideshow on max settings). Anyway, it's just a suggestion, I can definitely live with what I got, worth the money, but certain small things like the terminal texture color I mentioned can and, in my opinion, should be improved.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 02:56:59 pm »
FsDreamTeam SHOULD, release a version in which user can choose if they want better fps, lower realism on the ground OR lower fps, better realism on the ground, kinda like what FlyTampa did with their Toronto (which I also have, by the way and yes it turns my FSX into a slideshow on max settings).

That's precisely the reason why we SHOULDN'T

flightsim91

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 01:05:49 am »
Yeah, I learned that the hard way :). But still, I think FsDreamTeam needs to correct these mistakes and I will be on every happy camper if you adopted my suggestions and I'm sure lots of others will be happy to have the option between fps and realism. Thank you and keep up the good work!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 02:50:34 am »
But still, I think FsDreamTeam needs to correct these mistakes

None of the things you reported are mistakes, and it has been explained quite clearly in this thread whey they aren't. The remarks on the colors are not very clear, if you don't send a picture indicating what you think should be changed.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 03:32:53 am »
 I work at YVR and the stop lines the way they are have never bothered me. I can't see them when taxiing in from the VC, so it's not a big deal. There are many other "updates" I'd like to see before those.

flightsim91

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 03:51:20 am »
The AI problem is still there. I observed an AI Dash 8 receive position and hold, but never receive takeoff clearance. So, in short, if you get takeoff clearance BEFORE going into the runway, no problem, if you get a position and hold, you never receive takeoff clearance AFTER you enter the runway. This is RWY 26L I'm talking about here.
Also, the color, it's not wrong, I just happen to be in the shadow of your DST system. Lastly, taxi-in lines, you don't see them in the VC, but I was thinking about making an educational video on a flight from YVR to YYJ for a presentation and the taxi-in line prevented me from panning around the outside without having to explain the issue to my audience, so I went from YUL to YOW.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 01:34:27 pm »
Also, the color, it's not wrong, I just happen to be in the shadow of your DST system.

Ok, so the last possible mistake, wasn't a mistake after all.

the taxi-in line prevented me from panning around the outside without having to explain the issue to my audience

What do you mean with this ?

flightsim91

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2015, 04:47:22 am »
Oh, I was panning around, and had to explain why there's a sign on the ground saying B777 when everybody knows that its a Dash 8 only gate. Now everybody also understand that it was put there to save frames by using a generic taxi-in line. Still no joy on the ATC problem though, don't have ATC addons (thinking about getting one), so can't check with third-party ATC program yet. One more thing, you know the two-light units on either side of the runway hold short line? I am pretty sure it's suppose to alternately flashing in yellow warning the pilots about a runway ahead. For me, it only turns on to red when runway is occupied and does nothing else.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:51:47 am by flightsim91 »

flightsim91

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2015, 05:26:06 am »
Another thing, I was assigned by ATC to the north runway, but Vancouver very rarely use the north runways for takeoff, is there a way I can disable the north runway for takeoff? I edited one of the AFCAD and deleted the southernmost short runway because it's no used anymore, but I cannot find where is the three main runways.