Author Topic: Passenger stairs are missing  (Read 9403 times)

Conzy6

Passenger stairs are missing
« on: November 24, 2015, 11:37:42 am »
I need a bit of help, the passenger stairs have gone missing for all my aircraft and the game including the FSX default 747, I have since uninstalled GSX, downloaded the full installer and updated the vehicles with no luck! At airports with jetways it's not a problem for me, however when I'm at EGHI (Southampton International) the passenger bus turns up and within 10 seconds says boarding complete! I don't understand, normally I assume a uninstall and reinstall would fix this, also I've noticed that on some flights the baggage conveyor belts do not appears, any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passenger stairs are missing
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 11:42:50 am »
If I understand your problem correct, you have this issue ONLY at EGHI, and ONLY in parkings in the open.

You don't say:

- Which airport you are using. If it's not default, clearly indicate the scenery used.

- If you customized the airport or not. If you haven't maybe the AFCAD has a problem you might be able to correct with the scenery customization page.

Conzy6

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:45:12 am »
I use UK2000 scenery at Gatwick, Newcastle and many other airport and I still have no passenger staircases, EGHI is ORBX airport, I have updated everything including the AFCADS

Conzy6

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 11:59:09 am »
Just tried the default airbus A321 and i have stairs but 3rd party A320 at the same airport and same gate with no stairs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 12:34:29 pm »
Just tried the default airbus A321 and i have stairs but 3rd party A320 at the same airport and same gate with no stairs

GSX doesn't support any airplane out of the box. The Aerosoft A321 is internally supported by GSX, but if you want to use an unsupported one, you must first configure it, using the included airplane configuration editor, to place all doors at their correct positions and type.

Conzy6

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 12:52:29 pm »
How do I place the doors? i opened the config tool and chose the correct options but its asking me for it position?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 01:06:47 pm »
How do I place the doors? i opened the config tool and chose the correct options but its asking me for it position?

I suggest reading the manual. There's a graphical editor, which is way easier than manually typing numbers.

Conzy6

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 01:50:46 pm »
I have all the doors in the correct place but now I am missing vehicles?

Conzy6

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 02:09:13 pm »
I have no passenger stairs or cargo loaders for default 747???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 02:48:17 pm »
I have all the doors in the correct place but now I am missing vehicles?

Then you haven't configured all the doors these vehicles are attached to.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 02:50:27 pm »
I have no passenger stairs or cargo loaders for default 747???

Either you haven't installed the latest installer (or the latest vehicle update), or you tried to customize the default 747, made some kind of mistake, so now your configuration is taking precedence over the GSX internal one.

Be sure you download and install the latest vehicles update, or the latest full GSX installer and, try to use the "Reset" button in the airplane configuration editor, to restore the default 747 to the GSX default configuration, to undo any changes you might have done to it.

PhilA

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 11:59:36 am »
Hello,

I had been looking through the forum to find a solution to just this problem.

In my case, the problem has only started in the last week or so.  admittedly I have not been using GSX for a couple of weeks so the problem may have occurred through a recent update.

For me, I have pinpointed the problem to the Container loader and some of the passenger stairs.  With the Aerosoft A320, I have the plane configured for baggage at the front and container at the back.  When I call for GSX deboarding, the front conveyor appears as do the baggage cart and the container wagon, but not the container loader.  The Conveyor moves into position as do the trucks and baggage unloading takes place, as described above with the containers floating down and onto the wagon.

With the passenger stairs, sometimes they appear and sometimes they do not.  When they do appear, they are always the towed stairs (i.e. those not attached to a truck).

For me, this appears at Gate 5 and 6 (not checked others) at Exeter International (EGTE), by SX Airport design.  I initially noticed there were no stairs at Heathrow Gate 421 with the iFly Boeng 737 as well, but these appeared after a reload (but they may have been the towed type I, cannot remember).  I have removed all airport changes and the only aircraft config is for the containers for the rear.  I have downloaded the latest full installer (On Sunday) and the vehicle Update yesterday and applied both. I also applied an update yesterday that GSX requested.

As I say I have not used GSX for a couple of weeks.  This first appeared at the same time I was asked for the ground handler to be used.  Previously it had always used the handler I had defined in the cfg files.

Regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 12:13:11 pm »
With the passenger stairs, sometimes they appear and sometimes they do not.  When they do appear, they are always the towed stairs (i.e. those not attached to a truck).

This confirms you have not installed the current GSX, or the current vehicle update, because the stairs with the truck as precisely the ones that have been updated, and won't show if you don't update, either with the vehicle updaters, or with the full GSX installer.

PhilA

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 01:22:45 pm »
Thank you for the response. 

I had thought this would be the case, so, as I said, I downloaded the vehicle update yesterday and applied that.  I will try this again this evening.  The file I downloaded was "gsx_vehicles_update6_fsx_setup.exe" with a product version of 1.9.12.0 from the button marked "Download Jul 2015" on the GSX product page.  Is this the correct one?

Regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 03:44:01 pm »
I had thought this would be the case, so, as I said, I downloaded the vehicle update yesterday and applied that.  I will try this again this evening.  The file I downloaded was "gsx_vehicles_update6_fsx_setup.exe" with a product version of 1.9.12.0 from the button marked "Download Jul 2015" on the GSX product page.  Is this the correct one?

As explained on the page, it's correct depending if the date of your GSX installer is newer than July 2015 so, since 1.9.12 was released in September, that vehicle update is the correct one and it WILL fix the missing staircases problem, assuming you download it now, and you are installing what you just downloaded, not some other file with the same name you might have around from a previous download.