Author Topic: python25.dll missing error  (Read 6800 times)

airlinetycoon

python25.dll missing error
« on: November 24, 2015, 09:41:17 am »
Hi,
I installed in my FSX PHNL, KLAX and GSX. Everything works fine. A few weeks ago I installed KDFW and KIAH und purchased the serial for KDFW. An online-activation was not possible, so I used the generated key to register the airport manually via esellerate engine. I uninstalled KIAH. All was ok and I had no problems.

Now I installed CYVR for trial and I got after restart a python25.dll missing error message. I uninstalled CYVR, but the error message remained. At PHNL, KLAX, KDFW are no buildings visible, GSX menu not start, I can not find GSX settings in my FSX-menu. I installed the AddOn manager as standalone, same result.

Next steps:
I uninstalled all FSDT products, confirmed to uninstall the AddOn-manager and the couatl engine. After reboot I checked the FSdreamteam folder in my FSX installation – the folder is still there, but empty. I switched off my firewall (I excluded in my firewall-settings the couatl.exe and bglmanx.dll anyway) and my virusscanner (the couatl.exe and bglmanx.dll also on “allowed”) and installed first GSX. The python25.dll error message remained. I uninstalled GSX again.
I installed PHNL only - The python25.dll error message remained.
I installed KLAX only - The python25.dll error message remained.
I installed KDFW only - The python25.dll error message remained.

I used for all airports and GSX the latest Installers. During the installation I get no error-message, It seems all necessary files will be downloaded in the installation-process. After installation in the fsx/fsdreamteam/couatl folder is no python25.dll. I found a python27.zip.

Any idea what I can do?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:04:42 am by airlinetycoon »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: python25.dll missing error
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 10:28:35 am »
As explained in many other forum threads about the missing python25.dll, the only possible reason for this error, is that you are NOT running the latest Couatl.exe, but the previous version ( v 2.0.x ).

The python25.dll was required ONLY by Couatl 2.x. The latest version DOES NOT requires it. It requires Python27.zip/dll, which are included in the current installers.

Since the new installers now (correctly) REMOVE the un-needed Python25.dll, if you are stuck with the OLD Couatl.exe for some reason, you will see an error message about the python25.dll missing. Of course it's missing, it has been removed because it's not needed anymore by the new version.

The latest Couatl.exe ( 3.0.x ) is included in ALL our *current* installers, and it's not available anywhere on our site so, using the current installer, it's NOT possible to get the old Couatl.exe by mistake using our current installers.

The only possible reasons for not being able to install the latest Couatl.exe are:

1) You are NOT using the latest installers. Maybe you downloaded them, but you are not installing them. I experienced this first-hand on a user's system when doing remote assistance: he downloaded the latest installers before my eyes, but then launched an older version, because it went to the wrong "Downloads" folder, not the one the browser was really downloading into...

OR

2) Your antivirus/firewall is BLOCKING the installation of the Couatl.exe, so you are stuck with the old one but, since the installer correctly removed the old .DLLs, you will see the error, because you those .DLLs were needed by Couatl 2

As explained so many times on the forum, it's best turning off the antivirus as the first thing to do when something that looks wrong happens with the installation.

You said you have correctly configured the antivirus, and you said the fsdreamteam folder was empty so, in your case, the only possible explanation is #1: you are using OUTDATED installers.

Yes, I see you say you have use them, but it's just not possible you would see this error if you had. Check your downloads better, and be sure you are installing the .exe you downloaded, from the actual folder you browser *currently* downloads into.

airlinetycoon

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 10:54:33 am »
Dear Umberto,
thank you for you extensively reply. I have the other items on this topic read. My downloadfolder was empty and I downloaded the files yesterday/today. I checked the download date, since this issue was mentioned in other threads. I will try it again will report my flow with screenshots in case of further problems.

For my unterstanding, if I install the latest standalone addonmanager, the newest couatl version will be install also in case I have older installations from other airports/GSX on my computer?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 11:03:35 am »
I will try it again will report my flow with screenshots in case of further problems.

It's best if we connect with Teamviewer directly. PM me for details on how to arrange it.

For my unterstanding, if I install the latest standalone addonmanager, the newest couatl version will be install also in case I have older installations from other airports/GSX on my computer?

ALL current FSDT installers, which includes the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, but not only, do the following:

- Remove anything belonging to Couatl 2, which includes both the executable and all the other files not needed anymore

- Download and install Couatl 3, and all the files needed by it.

airlinetycoon

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 11:16:06 am »

- Remove anything belonging to Couatl 2, which includes both the executable and all the other files not needed anymore

OK, will do so. Is there any other location, where legacy files of couatl 2 are located except in the FSX/fsdreamteam/Couatl directory?

Will send a PM, if I will not find a solution.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 11:24:05 am »
OK, will do so. Is there any other location, where legacy files of couatl 2 are located except in the FSX/fsdreamteam/Couatl directory?

There's no other location where the old Couatl.exe could be, which is the only file that could trigger a missing python25.dll error.

airlinetycoon

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 10:28:00 am »
Hi Umberto,
short feedback from my side. First off all – now it works. CYVR looks great, I will buy it in the next days.
I downloaded the current installers, please see the time stamp at the screenshot.

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151125/hscwj79g.jpg

What happened to me during the installation:
Yesterday I played back a backup of my FSX, back to Square one. My sceneries PHNL, KDFW, KLAX and GSX work fine. I checked the version of Couatl.exe – 3.0.0.3187. This time I made a manual backup of Couatl Folder .I switched my virusscanner to “off” and start the CYVR-installer. At the beginning of the installation, my firewall blocked the internetaccess of the installer. I allow the Internet access of the installer and hit the "Retry" button in installer, files downloaded. The installation runs and is completed without error.

Then I checked the version of Couatl.exe in Couatl folder. It was re-installed version 2.x.x.x! I then took the Couatl.exe from my Back Up folder and the version replaces in the couatl folder.

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151125/i3gjhcn4.jpg

The FSX starts without python25.dll mistakes but Couatl.exe gives an error message and asks you to install the standalone Manager. I initially rejected and have a FSX Flight loaded. That worked. Then I started a manual GSX update in FSX. It was re-installed version 2.x.x.x!
Then I FSX closed and started the setup of standalone manager. This time I have blocked the download of files at the beginning of the installation. The installation runs and is completed without error. Now the latest version of couatl.exe has been installed correctly. All sceneries are displayed correctly, GSX works.

Is it possible that are downloaded during installation old files (Couatl.exe)?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 11:35:50 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 11:45:06 am »
Is it possible that are downloaded during installation old files (Couatl.exe)?

No, it's not possible. As I've said, the current CYVR installer CONTAINS Couatl 3 and DOWNLOADS COUATL 3. It's not possible it would download Couatl 2 by mistake. The only installer that would try to download Couatl 2, is an older version, one that also *contained* Couatl 2 so, anything released before August this year.

Of course, I tried it just now, in order to be 100% sure of this, and I can see the CYVR installer downloading Couatl 3.0.3187 ( latest version as of today ) and containing Couatl 3.0.3187 too.

The only possible reason I can think of this, is either you haven't launched what you downloaded, or your firewall is playing another trick on you:

The current installers, before deciding from which server it should download from (Couatl 2 or Couatl 3, we obviously keep the Couatl 2 server in order not to screw up users running old installers), it DOWNLOADS a very small file that will tell it which server to use. If your firewall blocked THIS download too, the installer wouldn't know which server to use, and will the default one, which hosts Couatl 2.

I think we can improve this and make the installer more robust against firewall tricks, by setting the new server to be as default, even if the download of that small file fails because of the firewall.

And, for some reason, your firewall haven't blocked the other installers.