Author Topic: Question on GSX-P3D V3 and Aerosoft Airbus  (Read 3167 times)

bobsk8

Question on GSX-P3D V3 and Aerosoft Airbus
« on: November 14, 2015, 04:35:48 pm »
Not sure where the problem lies in my new install of P3D V3, the Airbus 318-321 and install of GSX, but I am having this issue and wonder if anyone else is.  Normally when Pushback in GSX is started with menu, the pushback option in the Airbus is disabled, and you get a message at the top of  the screen that says to take directions from GSX.  I don't get this anymore. I still see the pushback option in the Airbus FMC menu. Not sure if this is a GSX issue, or the new Airbus with the official P3D V3 installer, or P3D V3 itself.  Everything works in GSX correctly, except the over taking of control of the Airbus for pushback by GSX, as I get in P3D V2.5 with the same Airbus.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question on GSX-P3D V3 and Aerosoft Airbus
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 12:36:32 am »
Normally when Pushback in GSX is started with menu, the pushback option in the Airbus is disabled, and you get a message at the top of  the screen that says to take directions from GSX.

I didn't even *knew* the Aerosoft Airbus recognized to being pushed by GSX! That's an option they must have added recently. It's nothing we do from our side, and I don't know how they detect GSX. We set an L: gauge variable to let 3rd party developers know that GSX is pushing, so I guess they used it, but nothing has changed. Nothing that I could relate to a difference between P3D versions.

Everything works in GSX correctly, except the over taking of control of the Airbus for pushback by GSX, as I get in P3D V2.5 with the same Airbus.

If you see the airplane being pushed, it means GSX is taking control correctly. Your problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with GSX, it's the *Airbus* that is failing to recognize it's being pushed by GSX, so it can disable its own pushback. A feature that I never heard of, before your report.

So, I guess any issue you have, it's happening entirely in the Airbus. We haven't changed anything in the way the airplane is pushed, surely not something that would have an effect in changing from P3D 2.5 to 3.0.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:39:03 am by virtuali »

bobsk8

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 01:00:02 am »
That is what I thought, but not knowing exactly how these systems work together, I thought I would ask. Thanks.......
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 01:22:32 am by virtuali »

bobsk8

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 02:34:03 pm »
I found the answer. In the Airbus Right MCDU under Options/checklist (chapter 4.6.3 of the owners manual) there is a selection for AEX/GSX Push   It must be set to on for GSX to work properly. Here is quote from owners manual.

"AES/GSX PUSH
AES or GSX are separate programs and are not included in the Aerosoft Airbus package e. g. they have to be bought separately. If those programs are not installed then set the option to NO.
The Aerosoft Airbus A318/319/320/321 does not automatically detect an airport where AES can be used. If the AES / GSX pushback function should be used it is necessary to set this function to YES. Then during pushback the conversation between PF (pilot flying) and Ground is aligned, the AES / GSX pushback function will be used as well as the checklist and copilot function to start the engines.
If only the AES / GSX clearance procedure but no pushback shall be used, leave this function to NO. Then after the AES / GSX procedure has been finished the checklist “ENGINE START [2]” has to be used and started.