Author Topic: eSellerate Says That I Changed Hardware When Starting FSX  (Read 37414 times)

signmanbob

eSellerate Says That I Changed Hardware When Starting FSX
« on: November 01, 2015, 03:57:27 am »
I didn't know what thread to put this under.
Every time that I start FSX today, I get a message that eSellerate has determined that I changed hardware on my computer.  Then it goes through every airport that I have purchased from you (many) and makes me re-activate them.
Then it wants me to activate something (I don't know what) over the internet and connects me to the internet and gives me an activation code.
The problem is that the window from eSellerate gets in the way of my internet browser and won't let me submit the code so I can get the other code to put in the window that is in front.
So everything is just locked up and it is causing FSX to take forever to start.
What in the world is going on?!!
I have purchased a LOT of airports from FSDreamTeam and have never had this problem before.  I did not change any hardware.
It takes a long time to be messing with all this every time I start FSX. Please help me to resolve this frustrating problem.

Thank you,
Bob

signmanbob

Re: eSellerate Says That I Changed Hardware When Starting FSX
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 08:57:12 pm »
Hello

Everything seems to be working now, but this has happened before and I don't understand what causes it.
When ever it happens I have to re-activate every airport from FSDT, which is an awful inconvenience.
Any ideas how I can avoid this happening would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Bob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 09:02:30 am »
The most likely problem it's a driver that, most likely because of a bug, has reported a different hardware id to Windows.

There's nothing you or us can do: the hardware change is entirely a black box for us, we don't even know exactly what Esellerate checks to trigger an hardware change, and we won't even dare try doing hardware change detection with our own code, because it's just too complex to always work reliably (as you can see...), because of driver bugs.

The other issue, the activation window covered by your browser, can be easily prevented by going into Windowed mode during the activation, so you can freely move all windows on the screen.

And, you are not even SUPPOSED to see an activation window. Normally, you should only see a button to confirm your activation, and that's it. Nothing to type and surely no internet browser to use. What you are seeing is the OFFLINE activation, which comes out if your internet connection is down OR if you have a firewall that is blocking online access to the activation servers.

So, to make the reactivation easier, be sure you turn off your firewall, so there will be nothing to do, other than pressing the OK button.

signmanbob

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 05:01:52 pm »
Thank you Umberto.  I appreciate your support.

christiaan

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 10:56:41 pm »
Also got these messages concerning eSellerate a couple of days ago.

An Error message and a request if I want to activate FSDT & FlightBeam airports.

Also that there will be a backup made of my orders.

Pressed the OK and the airports were activated in the FSX Addon Manager.

Had updated the UUEE  & Warsaw airport from DRZEWIECKI which also uses SODE.

Do not know if this had anything to do with the messages.

Very wierd.