Author Topic: ORD Config Tool?  (Read 4083 times)

Vasily

ORD Config Tool?
« on: October 26, 2015, 05:14:24 pm »
Hello FSDT;
Just purchased your ORD v2 airport. Nice airport; however, a little low on FPS on approach. Is there a config tool available? I.e. For me to change the texture size...etc.
Many thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ORD Config Tool?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 05:29:39 pm »
Just purchased your ORD v2 airport. Nice airport; however, a little low on FPS on approach. Is there a config tool available? I.e. For me to change the texture size...etc.

There's no need for a configuration tool, because our products have the ability (thank to the Addon Manager) to turn on/off things depending on height, distance, etc, automatically, which is not possible with regular .BGLs used by other developers, so they are forced to use a configuration tool.

To change the texture size, just use the FSX Max size slider, which is much better than an external configuration tool, because you can change the texture size without restarting FSX so, for example, you can change it after takeoff and the airport is no longer in sight, etc.

Same for the Scenery Complexity Slider. Most of the objects respond to the Scenery Complexity slider, so you simply change that, without being forced to restart the sim, which is what you had to do, if we used an external configuration tool.

Vasily

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 05:38:33 pm »
Many Thanks for your fast response.
FSX Max size slider? Where is that? lol, sorry, not the most tech savvy guy. Is that in the add on manager?
Scenery Complexity slider, will that change the options for my whole FSX setup? Or will they only effect your airport?
Thank you very much,

Vasily

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 06:06:13 pm »
Many Thanks for your fast response.
FSX Max size slider? Where is that? lol, sorry, not the most tech savvy guy. Is that in the add on manager?
Scenery Complexity slider, will that change the options for my whole FSX setup? Or will they only effect your airport?
Thank you very much,
Edit: So if I enter the Add-on Manager, Select FSDreamTeam, then ORD I have two option. The one on the top says FSE SE Tweaks- applied globally.
On the bottom, I have another options Addon manager Tweaks-applied only to scenaries handled by Addon Manager. Im assuming that I need that one?
In that option I have three sub options: AntipopUp, View Optimization, Altitude Cull? and Ground Traffic.