Author Topic: Removing the Static C17's from Honolulu without having to adjust complecity slid  (Read 10626 times)

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
 Hi Umberto,

I've searched and searched, and have seen many threads on this but have never found a proper fix. Without adjusting the scenery complexity slider, how is one to properly remove the static C-17's from Honolulu. I've read where you refer to them being in a bgl, is there any possibility of providing an optional bgl with the C-17's not included for users who don't want to mix their AI in with the statics? Editing the sim.cfg within the FSDT_PHNL folder to exclude them just creates a stuttery mess.

Please help fix this, I know many users would very much appreciate it.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
 Bump...

The statics at FB KPHX (added I'm sure in the same way as the C-17's at HNL) need to go as well with no official method to remove them without show stopping stutters...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
We are working on it...the issue is, we could do it with a YouControl menu, just like the statics in KIAH, but we must upgrade the software to handle turning on/off multiple objects with a single menu item, otherwise you would have to turn them off each one individually.

For the time being, use the Scenery Complexity slider. That's what a Scenery Complexity slider is meant for anyway...

Note that, if you reinstall now (either the scenery or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager), the installer will get the latest online Addon Manager files, and they now set the C17 to appear ONLY at the "Extremely Dense" setting so, turning the slider one notch down should hardly make a difference visually, but will get rid of the C17s.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
 Thanks Umberto, that's a fantastic fix for now. Very much appreciated.