Author Topic: Ground Textures Disappear **SOLVED**  (Read 7387 times)

OneZero8

Ground Textures Disappear **SOLVED**
« on: October 22, 2015, 11:46:08 am »
Hi,

I just downloaded the PHNL trial to check out before buying. The problems I've run into are myriad.

First, default PHNL scenery was showing through at various places all around the airport, in particular the aprons around the outer "ocean" runway and all around the military wing of the airport, including a large "park" area along the extreme western edge of the scenery, as illustrated in attachment image 1 & 2.

I read through the forum and installed the following files:

AF2_PHNL_FSDreamTeam_Xrwy.BGL
AF2_1HNL_FSDreamTeam.BGL
000_PHNL_FSDT_Exclude_all.BGL

This solved about 70% of the bleed-through issues, but the far eastern edge "park" area was still there, encroaching on the military buildings and automobile parking areas to an unacceptable degree, as illustrated in attachment image 3.

Reading further, I found a post in this subforum from someone who created an exclude in his scenery.cfg that worked for him. So I added this exclusion to the scenery.cfg. It elimated a small portion of the most offensive bleed-through, but still left the "park" area encroaching on the car parking area just enough to be an issue.

So I took the time to create my own exclude .bgl in ADE9X, which finally did the job that should have been done by the supposedly "latest update" installer file to begin with.

Now, after about 2 hours into this ordeal, I'm noticing that when I'm at certain points within the airport scenery, only on the eastern half of the scenery, I get this "separation" effect when I get down right near ground level. There is a "strip" of ground texture in front of my viewpoint that becomes visible just above ground level, creating an effect as illustrated in attachment images 4 & 5. When I get down to ground level and actually touch the ground, I get a complete absence of airport ground textures within a certain radius around my viewpoint, as illustrated by attachment image 6.

My concerns are three fold:

#1. How can I get this to render properly?

#2. Why do I have to invest hours of work in order to get a commercial scenery to render properly after paying over $30 for it?

#3. Can I plan on having to do this with all FSDT sceneries if I purchase them?

Thanks,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 03:28:39 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ground Textures Disappear On Eastern Half Of Scenery @ Ground Level
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 02:39:46 pm »
#2. Why do I have to invest hours of work in order to get a commercial scenery to render properly after paying over $30 for it?

None of the issues you are reporting are related in any way to the scenery itself, but are caused by other addons you have in the area, and it's clear from your screenshot you have several of them, so the surrounding scenery is not default anymore.

Do you really think we would release a scenery if it really appeared like that on anyone's system ? In Trial version too ?

That's why we offer a Trial for. There's no way we could test a scenery with the thousands of combinations created by combining hundreds of addons, so we offer a Trial version, so you can check under YOUR own combination of 3rd party addons.

A side note about FS9: we stopped supporting FS9 since 2010 so, you must consider the FS9 sceneries to be supplied "as is", and they are not going to be updated. Nobody at FSDT has FS9 still installed today, the year 2015.

IF a compatibility issue with 3rd party products might have a chance to be fixed (assuming it *can* be fixed from our side) in FSX, there's no way we'll ever touch an FS9 scenery today so, the TRIAL version is your best friend and, if you are to satisfied how the scenery looks like in combination with your installed addons, simply don't buy it, and be happy we give you the ability to test it beforehand.

OneZero8

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 07:22:25 am »
Thanks. Upon investigating further, I figured out that Hickam Field is "part" of PHNL; I never knew this. I always thought Hickam was Kalaeloa Airport, to the west of PHNL and across the water. It was the 3rd party Hickam that was corrupting PHNL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 03:28:25 pm »
It was the 3rd party Hickam that was corrupting PHNL.

Thank you for the report, I was fairly sure it was something like this...