Author Topic: Runtime error installing GSX/Addon manager P3D V3 **SOLVED**  (Read 14113 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Runtime error installing GSX/Addon manager P3D V3 **SOLVED**
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 01:20:32 pm »
I have the same problem as  roigjoan. Would you be so kind and be able to fix my dll.xml and exe.xml from my C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 ?

No, you don't have the same problem. Your XML files are perfectly fine.

If you HAVE the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu, it means GSX is clearly working, and you are affected by the very well known bug of the missing Simconnect menu in P3D 3.x updates, which will be fixed by installing the P3D "Content", which is exactly how roigjoan fixed it, once he fixed his *other* previous problem with corrupted XML files.

laci2512

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 01:51:59 pm »
Thank you for answer, however the problem is still pending. I updated p3d content. I attached problem message.
I don t understand it because until todaz it worked all good and today in p3d i clicked to update GSX and it crashed with error and when i downloaded Standalone manager it is still like on the picture.
Thank you for answer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 02:01:23 pm »
Thank you for answer, however the problem is still pending. I updated p3d content. I attached problem message.

Then you have a problem with the OTHER DLL/EXE.XML file, not the one you posted, but the one under %APPDATA%

The new location suggested for P3D V3 is %PROGRAMDATA%, and all our installers now use this one but, they will also check the files under %APPDATA%, to be sure you don't have lines from a previous version still there.

So, the corrupted XML files are probably the ones under %APPDATA%. Just to make it more clear: the problem doesn't have anything to do with any of our products, our installers are only indicating a clear error condition caused by other bugged installers (or having edited the file by hand), but they won't dare touching them if they are already corrupted!

laci2512

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 05:18:54 pm »
I hav uploaded EXE and DLL from APPDATA. May I ask u please to check them as well if they are ok?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 06:12:53 pm »
As I suspected, your EXE.XML is corrupted, missing the closing tag. Find the fixed file attached.

laci2512

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2016, 06:23:11 pm »
You ve got it ;) Thank you so much now everything is perfect :)