Author Topic: How is JFK  (Read 9065 times)

JBU

How is JFK
« on: November 10, 2008, 03:51:02 am »
If I am to buy tomorrow is everything patched up as far as all the problems from release?

Razgriz

Re: How is JFK
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 03:59:15 am »
Try it out for yourself.  See what bugs you have yourself!  5 minute trial, full product for 5 minutes.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/jfk_fs9_setup.exe

Silverbird

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 09:17:17 pm »
If I am to buy tomorrow is everything patched up as far as all the problems from release?
Like Razgriz mentioned you can give it a shot with the 5min demo if you love jetblue then it is a definitively must have its really a great airport. :)
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

janosch

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 01:03:21 pm »
Hi,

what's the status of the updates promised "shortly" weeks ago? I tried the installer yesterday and there are still the white line in front of 22R and still no 3d lead in lights like in FSX. Is that all dropped now in favor of Geneva?

kind regards

janosch

Dylan K. Duncan

• Especially KJFK by FSDT
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 01:38:54 pm »
still no 3d lead in lights like in FSX. Is that all dropped now in favor of Geneva?

i think this is good question. when will we get the patch for lead in lights missing in fs9 version?

Thank you very much
Dylan
Thank you and best regards,
Dylan

janosch

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 09:29:09 pm »
Lot's of answers regarding every possible question surrounding Geneva but no answer here regarding the promised SP.  :(

janosch

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 09:50:45 pm »
The 3d lead-in lights are not a "bug" of the scenery, but rather a missing feature that might be nice to have. All real problems there were discussed in the forum have already been fixed, both with separate downloadable files and in the current installer.

The 3d lights are the only thing left so, we don't see it as a top priority to release a service pack just for that. It will not probably be a service pack, since (as far as we know) there's nothing else left to fix and the 3d lights are not even a fix, but just one of the several things the FS9 version lacks compared to the FSX one.

It will come, probably after Geneva is released, provided we don't find any unexpected problems, like fps going down because of the 3d lights.

KingCat

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 10:37:44 am »
The 3d lights are the only thing left so

And how about the white line that is running through the textures of runway 4L? Was that already fixed before?

Jon

janosch

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 03:39:18 pm »
Hi.

The 3d lead-in lights are not a "bug" of the scenery, but rather a missing feature that might be nice to have. All real problems there were discussed in the forum have already been fixed, both with separate downloadable files and in the current installer.

May i quote your Post written on 5h of October:

Quote from: virtuali
Please, read again my message: the 3d lead-in lights and the problem of the 4L runway texture will be fixed shortly.

That's why i'm kindly asking now that 5 weeks passed. And the white lines in the scenery are a visible bug and not something "nice to have" in my opinion. At least i'm glad both will eventually come.

thank you and  best regards

janosch

sundance70

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 04:18:09 pm »
Hello FSDT,

I didn't want to open up a new thread for this since it follows along some of the requests of this thread.  I purchased Simwings/Aerosoft LFPG recently and their newly updated scenery of this great airport has a neat characteristic that perhaps could be applied to KJFK. The ground vehicles stop when an aircraft is taxiing and crossing vehicle paths instead of running thru the aircraft.

I am not sure if this is copyrighted technology or readily available for anyone to use but it would make the simming experience on the ground that much more realistic for FS9. I just thought I would ask if that was possible in future updates/service packs for KJFK.

Thank you always for your great work.

Regards,

David
Asus P8P67 deluxe Motherboard
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.8GHZ
2 x 4GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws
EVGA GTX 570 SC - Rev 296.10
ECO ALC Cool IT system
2 x 1TB Seagate HD drives 32Mo cache
Thermalake ToughPwr 1.2KW ATX PSU
22"+18.5" SAMSUNG
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Track IR 5
Saitek X-65F

mave128

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 04:33:05 pm »
hi folks,

the white line is still to be seen. no update until now.
the second problem that need to be patched has been mentioned here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1050.0

at day, no problems so far, but at dawning or night, the tower will be transparent as mentioned.
i tried to convert the recommended files into dxt1 but without any result.

virtuali provided a file, but the problem remains.

best wishes,
sören
best wishes,
sören

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 11:14:00 pm »
I purchased Simwings/Aerosoft LFPG recently and their newly updated scenery of this great airport has a neat characteristic that perhaps could be applied to KJFK. The ground vehicles stop when an aircraft is taxiing and crossing vehicle paths instead of running thru the aircraft.

We already have this in JFK. For FSX, of course. Because our ground vehicles in FSX are real ground AI with physic and AI behaviour, so they stop when close to the user airplane.

it would make the simming experience on the ground that much more realistic for FS9. I just thought I would ask if that was possible in future updates/service packs for KJFK.

I'm sorry, but we are not interested researching new features or new technologies for FS9. If we did, we would made something like that ourselves, like with do in FSX.

You can expect, instead, many improvements like this for the FSX version, which you already own, considering you bought a license that is valid for both.

sundance70

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 11:18:39 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thank you for your response.  I understand and will just have to do without as I am not ready to switch to FSX yet (even thought I have the deluxe version sitting on my desk starring at me.)

Thanks

Regards,

David
Asus P8P67 deluxe Motherboard
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.8GHZ
2 x 4GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws
EVGA GTX 570 SC - Rev 296.10
ECO ALC Cool IT system
2 x 1TB Seagate HD drives 32Mo cache
Thermalake ToughPwr 1.2KW ATX PSU
22"+18.5" SAMSUNG
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Track IR 5
Saitek X-65F

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 11:28:30 pm »
at day, no problems so far, but at dawning or night, the tower will be transparent as mentioned. i tried to convert the recommended files into dxt1 but without any result.

We had a look at that problem and, it doesn't have anything to do with texture format. Or, better yet, there were *two* problems at the same place, one that could be solved with the textures in DXT1, the other is the one that is still left.

And no, it's happening at day as well, but at day is not really noticeable, because you need to go very close to the tower to see it, at night it's just more visible, because the color combination is different, and contrasts with the iighted ground.

It's basically a problem of how the FS9 graphic engine handles objects which have parts with an alpha texture and the rest without it. I need to verify this, but I think it doesn't happen in FSX. If this is the case, I'm not sure we can fix it without remodeling the tower just for FS9.