Author Topic: Staircase missed  (Read 2469 times)

Fardel

Staircase missed
« on: October 16, 2015, 06:08:38 pm »
Good Evening
The 145XR of Feelthere hasn't its staircase - I tried to configure the position of the vehicle but the staircase is missed. All passengers must jump down from the plane or have to climb on the back of the hostess  ;D

How can I solve it?

Ciao

Paolo

http://i.imgur.com/ojMZNMu.jpg
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 03:14:02 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Staircase missed
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 03:43:00 pm »
How can I solve it?

The config supplied with GSX for that model it's an alias of the one for the 145LR, which *does* have its own staircase. If the XR model doesn't have one, you can customize it using the airplane configuration editor, and set the door's height correctly.

Note that, of the staircases supplied with GSX, the one that can reach the lowest height it's a ladder that reaches 1.85 meters so, the door must be higher than that, otherwise there are no staircases in GSX that can be used with that plane. I don't know how high the passenger doors is on that plane but, if it's lower, but not so much lower than 1.85, setting it to 1.85 or higher will allow the ladder to be selected, but might not be visibly noticeable, if the difference is a few centimeters.

Fardel

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 01:15:41 pm »
Grazie Umberto,
it was at 1.86 but I have no staircase. Now I set at 2.05 that is the lowest value to have the stairase.

Ciao
Paolo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 01:21:04 pm »
it was at 1.86 but I have no staircase. Now I set at 2.05 that is the lowest value to have the staircase.

Strange, because that staircase is set to appear if the door's height is between 1.85 to 2.20 meters (as you can see from the "condition" line in the SIM.CFG of the FSDT_Staircase_ladder object.

However, it's possible there might be a difference depending how much weight you had on board when you configured the airplane.