Author Topic: Active Sky Next Messing Up dll.xml File **SOLVED**  (Read 7857 times)

pvupilot

Active Sky Next Messing Up dll.xml File **SOLVED**
« on: October 15, 2015, 03:59:18 am »
Hey guys,

So I've been away from the sim for a while. Now that I'm back into it (a little bit), I'm having issues when updating the addon manager. When I run the update, it says there is an error in the dll.xml and exe.xml line 46 and wants to install a new version over the "corrupted" one. When I do, I have a lot of items in my add-ons menu go missing. I revert back to the old file and everything is back. How do I update addon manager and keep my addons in the list?

The second issue is with GSX and FlightBeam new KSFO. When I request boarding, I get to where I can select what airline vehicles to use. Ones I do that, Couatl crashes. Here is the error report:

couatl v3.0 (build 3187)
panic log started on Wed Oct 14 19:04:47 2015

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'KSFO', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate C 452', 'User Pos': (37.61512320341723, -122.38188658299468, 8.06712 m, 4.10512 m, 263.18965569718347)}

I would like to solve these issues and get GSX back working.

Thanks!
Kyle
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 04:41:00 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager Messing Up dll.xml File and GSX crashing Couatl
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 04:40:45 pm »
When I run the update, it says there is an error in the dll.xml and exe.xml line 46 and wants to install a new version over the "corrupted" one. When I do, I have a lot of items in my add-ons menu go missing. I revert back to the old file and everything is back. How do I update addon manager and keep my addons in the list?

The Addon Manager doesn't "mess" anything. As the installer said, your XML file was ALREADY already corrupted, so the Addon Manager offer you a CHOICE to:

- Abort the installation, so you can fix your already-corrupted XML file

OR

- Recreate a new one from scratch. "From scratch", obviously mean it will contain ONLY the Addon Manager and Couatl lines, so the file will be clean, but it will not contain your other installed modules.

OF COURSE, the installer also made a backup so, even if you didn't fully understood what "from scratch" means, you can always go back.

Now, WHY you XML files were corrupted ? A very common case was caused by a bug in an earlier version of Active Sky Next, which changed the XML file header without changing the encoding, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.msg91024.html#msg91024

The solution would be editing the files with an editor that can save into a different encoding, like the freeware Notepad++, and save the file in ANSI

I think the current version of Active Sky has fixed the problem, but you will still have to fix files corrupted by the old version.

pvupilot

Re: Active Sky Next Messing Up dll.xml File **SOLVED**
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 08:52:22 pm »
Ok thanks for helping out with the .xml files! I installed the latest ASN update and re ran the SA addon manager and it completed without saying there was a corrupt file. So that part is fixed. However, when I try requesting boarding via GSX, it gets to where I can select the vehicles and when I do, it crashes. This is happening at every airport I've tried using GSX at. It gives a pop up saying "The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted. Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager." But I already have done that. Below are the error details it gave me:

couatl v3.0 (build 3187)
panic log started on Thu Oct 15 12:49:37 2015

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'KSFO', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate C 452', 'User Pos': (37.61512318339978, -122.38188679473912, 8.06704 m, 4.10503 m, 263.1896423742358)}

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 08:59:38 pm by Snuffleupagus »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 03:38:32 pm »
However, when I try requesting boarding via GSX, it gets to where I can select the vehicles and when I do, it crashes. This is happening at every airport I've tried using GSX at.

I tried the same airport and gate indicated in your error ( KSFO HD, Gate C 452 ), and it doesn't happen, neither by calling boarding or deboarding.

You don't say which airplane you use, so we can't say if it's a problem of the configuration (for example, you created a custom configuration with some kind fo error in it), but you can try doing a complete reinstall of GSX, this way:

- Uninstall GSX

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine ?" while uninstalling.

- Remove the following folders:

%PROGRAMDATA\Virtuali\Couatl
%APPDATATA\Virtuali

- Download the *current* GSX Full installer, and install that one.

pvupilot

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 07:41:56 pm »
That did the trick! I was using the PMDG MD11. The rear right cargo lift doesn't line up correctly with the cargo bay by default and so I had adjusted the alignment. That could have possible caused the problem. But now that it is working, I'll just leave it as is.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:03:37 pm by Snuffleupagus »