Author Topic: Error message when updating GSX  (Read 2044 times)

Flyingfid

Error message when updating GSX
« on: October 14, 2015, 06:18:14 pm »
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but a long time Flight Simulator user.

I have a few issues with GSX on my FSX Steam Edition.

1. The Follow Me truck will stop and when I catch up it drives off and a message comes up "Follow Me service discontinued for safety reasons". I was not following too closely when this happens.

2. I am unable to update GSX from within FSXSE, I'm always told to "download the stand alone installer"

3. When I update GSX using the stand alone installer I always get the attached error message: "ERROR when creating patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now!"

I really like GSX and use it a lot for my flights, but I'd really like to solve these annoying issues please.

Thanks.

David.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error message when updating GSX
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 06:41:42 pm »
1. The Follow Me truck will stop and when I catch up it drives off and a message comes up "Follow Me service discontinued for safety reasons". I was not following too closely when this happens.

That's because you followed too closely OR you were accelerating so the program estimated you would crash into the car in some seconds.

2. I am unable to update GSX from within FSXSE, I'm always told to "download the stand alone installer"

You are probably confusing a minor update and a major update.

If you are getting that message, it means you haven't done a major update, so you must EXIT from FSX, download and install the Stand-Alone ADDON MANAGER installer, as the message says. This is a MAJOR update. The major update, as the manual explains, cannot be installed when the sim is running, this is normal.

Then, AFTER we'll release the *next* MINOR update, you will be able to install it from within the sim, without restarting.

3. When I update GSX using the stand alone installer I always get the attached error message: "ERROR when creating patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now!"

This has been discussed many times on the forum,  and it's is not an real error, it simply means that GSX installer wasn't able to patch the default vehicles file, probably because it's not the original version. This is not a problem, the only reason to patch that file is to get rid of the default pushback truck, so you might see two pushback trucks (not overlapped, because the GSX one starts from the side ). So this is not a problem, you can ignore this message.