Author Topic: does KORD work in FSX: Steam Edition  (Read 10363 times)

middnite

does KORD work in FSX: Steam Edition
« on: March 07, 2015, 05:13:32 pm »
When I try to install, it asks for FSX SP1 and Acceleration.  Those aren't needed for Steam Edition, so I am wondering how I can get this download to work or if I should try to get my money back.
Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: does KORD work in FSX: Steam Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 11:02:17 am »
All the current version of our installers work with FSX:SE, if you are getting a message of the version not being recognized, it means you are not using the current version of our installer, so you must download it from the "Products" page of our site.

BrandonLH81

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 12:31:24 pm »
When I try to install, it asks for FSX SP1 and Acceleration.  Those aren't needed for Steam Edition, so I am wondering how I can get this download to work or if I should try to get my money back.
Jim

Yes i have it installed on Steam and it works great!

middnite

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 02:45:30 pm »
I did, in fact, download the installer directly from your website, but it keeps asking for FSX SP1 and Acceleration when I try to install.  How do I get past that error message?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 03:08:14 pm »
I did, in fact, download the installer directly from your website, but it keeps asking for FSX SP1 and Acceleration when I try to install.  How do I get past that error message?

If you still see this message, it means you haven't download the installer from our website, because the installer on our website correctly recognize and install into Steam, you are still using an outdated installer you already had, likely from the PC Aviator site you bought the scenery from.

Not only that, I've checked my recent emails, and:

- You have been replied with the correct solution about downloading the installer from our site on March 4th.

- You replied to it, with an email on March 7th, that your Serial Number hasn't been accepted, but the scenery WORKS IN TRIAL (buildings disappear after some minutes), this seems to indicate you HAVE installed it successfully.

- I replied to that email about the Serial not being accepted, asking which error you saw on screen, YOU replied to this that you HAVE finally activated it, and the reason why it didn't work, was because you copy & pasted extra characters from the original email, which is something that might happen and that we would surely advised about it.

So why, after saying that you HAVE installed it under Steam in your email of March 7th, and you confirmed NOW that you ALSO activated successfully, you are still reporting the installer stops at the FSX SP1/Acceleration error message ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 03:40:00 pm »
Also, it would be better if you decide if you want to continue being supported on the forum or by email.

Don't keep posting the same messages here and by email, because it won't improve your chances to be replied, it will only double our support effort to your case, which will in fact SLOW down response time.

Decide if you prefer to use the forum or the email, and use only one method at time, please.

middnite

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 08:28:08 pm »
I prefer email support, but wasn't getting answer, so I posted here.  I didn't see where we have an option.  I'll go back and look again.
Some vendors only do the forum support and seldom post an answer.
I thank you again for your great tech support!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 11:27:36 pm »
I prefer email support, but wasn't getting answer, so I posted here

That's not the case, we have been in contact by email for the past days, since March 4th, after Flightbeam forwarded to me the email you sent to them about KORD, otherwise I could have known you had issues, since you never contacted me directly.

And you know very well that I answered you, several times, during the last days, only today, I replied to 3 emails, and you replied it back.

Some vendors only do the forum support and seldom post an answer.

So, because you don't usually get email answers from other vendors, you haven't even checked for emails from us ? Then who's has been answering to me all these days ?

darthfinkles

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 04:39:25 pm »
I just installed ORD for FSX steam and I can still see the default scenery poking through the FSdreamteam scenery.

I have windows 8.1.

Greg

middnite

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 06:11:30 pm »
Here is a screenshot from KORD that shows "floating buildings." Don't know why, but it went away when I re-started FSX-SE the next time.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/398927692085938731/6FE8E8805D8902466FDA7EB66E293D7FB8652E2F/

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 09:34:04 am »
Here is a screenshot from KORD that shows "floating buildings." Don't know why, but it went away when I re-started FSX-SE the next time.

You image doesn't show a problem with FSDT KORD. You had some autogen buildings from the nearby Chicago area which were floating, but that's not part of our scenery.

If the airport caused a conflict (it doesn't), it should always appear every time. If it went away after a restart, it was just a sim glitch.