Author Topic: MA Rome and SODE Jetways **SOLVED**  (Read 6909 times)

streichholz

MA Rome and SODE Jetways **SOLVED**
« on: October 09, 2015, 05:23:13 pm »
Hi,

with the release of the new MA airport and the used SODE technique it seems that everytime I click "deboarding, boarding or catering" the docked jetways disappear. Is this a problem with GSX or with SODE?

regards

Phil
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:51:09 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MA Rome and SODE Jetways
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 06:34:13 pm »
Is this a problem with GSX or with SODE?

It's a problem of both. As of today, whenever any developer uses SODE to create a jetway, we need to do a small update to GSX, to protect their jetways to disappear, like we did for several sceneries like those from Drzewiecki.

This will not be required anymore in future versions, since we are working right with SODE author to improve the SODE API to be able to know automatically which and where there SODE jetways in a scenery, which is part of the integration with GSX we are doing, but for the time being, we would need to add a specific code to deal with each new scenery that comes out with SODE.

To do that, we would need to know the titles of the jetways used by that scenery. They are probably located somewhere in the Simobjects folder.

streichholz

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 09:37:59 pm »
Should I send you something of SODE? I don't know what exactly you are searching for. In the SODE folder is a folder "xml", when I open it there is a file called  "MKSTUDIOS_Jetways". Do you need the content of this file?

jenstt

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 10:20:34 am »
They are called 'model.JetwayMKLIRFhigh', 'model.JetwayMKLIRFhighgrey' and 'model.JetwayMKLIRFlow' .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 12:58:14 pm »
They are called 'model.JetwayMKLIRFhigh', 'model.JetwayMKLIRFhighgrey' and 'model.JetwayMKLIRFlow' .

I need their TITLES. This is indicated in their SIM.CFG file.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 10:10:46 am by virtuali »

jenstt

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 03:28:56 pm »
[fltsim.0]
title=MK Jetway High
model=JetwayMKLIRFhigh
texture=

[fltsim.1]
title=MK Jetway High Grey
model=JetwayMKLIRFhighgrey
texture=

[fltsim.2]
title=MK Jetway Low
model=JetwayMKLIRFlow
texture=

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 09:50:06 am »
Fixed in the current Live Update.

streichholz

Re: MA Rome and SODE Jetways **SOLVED**
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 09:54:33 am »
Wow, you are very fast. Thanks a lot.

WheelerEGKK

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 08:01:49 pm »
Hi All,

Strange, I have just done a complete re-install of GSX and checked for live updates, and I lose the airbridges as soon as I request an action in GSX.
Any ideas.

Kelvin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 11:45:37 am »
Strange, I have just done a complete re-install of GSX and checked for live updates, and I lose the airbridges as soon as I request an action in GSX.

Not possible this could happen if you just reinstalled it now. Unless you are still running an installer that comes with Couatl 2, so it downloads old updates, from a Live Update server that is not updated anymore.

If you are sure you are using a recent installer, a possible reason for this might be that your firewall is blocking the download of the files by the installer, so you are not getting the updated files.

WheelerEGKK

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 06:36:31 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Although I did a 'full' uninstall I noticed some folders/files remained in the c:\user\appdata\......

Could this be my problem? I will uninstall again and delete any footprint remaining, then reinstall. I will report back when done.

Kelvin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 11:46:18 am »
Although I did a 'full' uninstall I noticed some folders/files remained in the c:\user\appdata\......

These are your customized settings. They don't have any effect on the installation of the latest code. Try to turn off your FIREWALL, instead, and reinstall. That might have an effect on getting the latest files.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 09:34:28 pm by virtuali »

WheelerEGKK

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 09:24:02 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Spot on!!!  It was a firewall issue. Turned it off, downloaded new install and everything is now perfect.

Thank you Sir

Kelvin