Author Topic: P3D V3 wont start after CYVR installation. Simconnect error  (Read 4749 times)

Avidean

P3D V3 wont start after CYVR installation. Simconnect error
« on: October 09, 2015, 12:59:24 pm »
I posted this topic in the CYVR Developers thread but I have deleted it since I have resolved the issue.
Just posting it here to bring it to your attention After installing CYVR in P3D V3 with the V3 installer, I got a sim connect error. See below.
The sim wouldn't start. After uninstalling CYVR the Sim was working again.

I then installed JFK V2 in the Sim again with the V3 installer and it worked fine.
I then istalled CYVR again but again got the simconnect error. After uninstalling
CYVR unlike the previous unistall the Simconnect issue persisted.

I uninstalled both JFK V2 and CYVR and Addon Manager etc.
I then reinstalled both airports except in the opposite order.
I.e. CYVR first and then JFK V2 without starting the sim
in between installs. The Sim worked fine as did both airports :-)

It appears that there might be something wrong with Addon Manager or Couatl
in the CYVR download which was over written by the subsequent install of
JFK V2.

BTW I have never seen CYVR look better than in Prepar3D V3 :-)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 01:01:58 pm by Avidean »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D V3 wont start after CYVR installation. Simconnect error
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 01:35:43 pm »
It appears that there might be something wrong with Addon Manager or Couatl in the CYVR download which was over written by the subsequent install of JFK V2.

No, there's nothing wrong with it. This problem has been discussed already here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12398.msg94276.html#msg94276

and here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12418.msg94305.html#msg94305

It was a result of another addon using an older Simconnect version that caused the sim to load that outdated version before the one we need, because we changed our installer to not always install the Addon Manager as the first loaded module (that would prevent this).

We reverted that change in the current installers, so they always place bglmanx.dll as the top of the DLL.XML file, but if you ran an FSDT installer that doesn't, the bglmanx.dll line is not at the top anymore, so P3D is loading an outdated Simconnect, because ANOTHER product using it is forcing it to do so.

So, you might want to check if the DLL.XML file under %APPDATA%\Lochkeed Martin\Prepar3D v3 has the bglmanx.dll section before any other, and if it doens't, edit it as suggest in the first thread I linked to place it at the top. Note that, running ANY *current* FSDT installer (even the Stand-Alone Addon Manager) WILL fix this automatically for you, as long you don't run another *outdated* FSDT installer AFTERWARDS.