Author Topic: How to Get COA in AFCAD for KIAH  (Read 8710 times)

Kilstorm

How to Get COA in AFCAD for KIAH
« on: October 10, 2015, 05:02:57 pm »
Whats the best/easiest way to add COA and COAX to the parking codes for KIAH? I have P3Dv3 and Ultimate Traffic 2 which has COA as the default planes instead of UAL and UALX since the schedule was before the merge of the two airlines. Hence KIAH has no traffic at it as the planes are looking for COA parking spots and the airport is showing UAL ones. Ideally Many thanks for any help.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: How to Get COA in AFCAD for KIAH
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 07:26:07 pm »
 Might be easier to change the aircraft.cfg entries to get them up to date rather than editing all of your airports to out being out of date.

The entries you ares looking for are atc_parking_codes=xx just change it to what you what code you want.

Example atc_parking_codes=COAX becomes atc_parking_codes=UALX
             atc_parking_codes=COA  --------  atc_parking_codes=UAL

And while you are at it, keep in mind the US Airways and American codes.

Kilstorm

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 07:57:31 pm »
Thanks Dave, I wonder how I find those for all the UT2 planes..just go thru the different models (ex 732, 734 etc) and do it that way? I remember along time ago there was a if/then program that allowed you to change one thing to another and it would do it for all entries but for the life of me can not remember what that program was called or where I got it other than it was a free on the internet.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 08:26:09 am »
 Exactly, it wouldn't be too hard to do. Go to somewhere you know you'll see lots of various COA types etc as a reminder of which ones need to get done, and at the same time go through and edit their configs.