Author Topic: Crash Crash and more Crashes.  (Read 10638 times)

Flyboy777

Re: Crash Crash and more Crashes.
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2017, 06:17:07 pm »
I started to have the same problem AFTER I installed GSX.  FSX-SE crashed every time I went to exit out of it.  After I uninstalled GSX the problem went away.  I reinstalled GSX and the problem came right back.  I updated GSX and no change.  Uninstalled GSX again and the problem went away.  This is CLEARLY a problem with GSX.  It seems like GSX is interfering with all of the other add-on dll's in FSX, because every crash upon exit creates a different windows event involving a different add-on dll in FSX.  Any help please would be appreciated, and with out the same cockiness (our products are perfect etc), just acknowledge that there is a problem with GSX and FSX/FSX-SE and fix it please. 

Jeremy

jb747

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2017, 08:14:18 pm »
I'll post this here simply because it seems to be somewhat consistent with what I'm seeing.

P3D V3.4.  Everythng ran fine and has for months until I unistalled the FB KIAD when it came out and uninstalled/deactived the version that was running the FSDT installer.

Now, when I select an FSDT airport I get the the following:

Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX/ESP has stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Couatl.exe
  Application Version:   3.2.0.3883
  Application Timestamp:   5a1ee90a
  Fault Module Name:   VCRUNTIME140.dll
  Fault Module Version:   14.0.24212.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   57869168
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0000e352
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

The interesting thing is that if I open the KPHX FB scenery, which is still using the FSDT installer it opens fine.  This is true even after rerunning the Live Updater to make sure that the latest Couatl stuff has been loaded.  Before I crash the system by loading an FSDT scenery all of the items in the Add On menu are there as shown in the attached screenshot.

Another interesting thing is that when I uninstall a scenery, (KLAS for example) I get the prompt on removing the Addon Manager but DON'T get the prompt to remove the Coautl one.  Even when I remove KPSX (which does load) I don't get the Coautl prompt.

Everything shows correctly in the Scenery Library.

This computer is dedicated to flight sim and has no anti-virus installed.

Any suggestions?

Jon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2017, 01:15:49 pm »
Your screenshot shows you have several things outdated, because you are running SODE 1.4.2, and GSX won't even install, if you don't have the latest version, and will prompt you to uninstall the old one.

- Uninstall SODE 1.4.2

- Download and install the latest version of every FSDT product you have. Don't use older installers.