Author Topic: No ATC clearance at KDFW  (Read 4089 times)

Cfoley

No ATC clearance at KDFW
« on: October 04, 2015, 04:58:39 am »
I have a strange problem with my FSDT KDFW add on airport when I use FSX ATC.  For some reason when I get cleared from the tower to "Taxi position and hold" on the runway but I never get clearance for take off once I am on hold on the runway.  There is no heavy traffic and I have my traffic settings at 35%.  I wait up to 30 minutes and never get cleared for take off at KDFW, ever.  This was never a problem before I purchased the add on.  Is there any connection between FSDT and FSX causing this to occur?  It happens every time I try and fly out of KDFW, not any other add on airport and only if there is traffic ahead of me.  This only occurs if there are other UT II traffic that are ahead of me waiting on the taxi way or runway.   If I am the only aircraft at the taxi way,  I get the okay to depart when I request it.  I also discovered if there are other Ut II aircraft ahead of me, they too, just sit there waiting for clearance until they disappear off the screen, which could take up to 5 minutes.    I checked other forums here but did not find any solution.  
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 05:01:40 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No ATC clearance at KDFW
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 11:29:26 am »
This only occurs if there are other UT II traffic that are ahead of me waiting on the taxi way or runway.   If I am the only aircraft at the taxi way,  I get the okay to depart when I request it.

Please try with default AI traffic (don't start UT2), and see if it makes any difference.

Cfoley

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 05:31:06 pm »
I am having problems with UT II.  It will not let me turn off the traffic.  But I know when I have the default traffic only, there is no other traffic ahead of me on the taxi way.  This problem is only when there are other planes ahead of me waiting to depart.    If I am the only plane on the taxi way and I reach the runway,  I request departure and receive it even with UT II in FSX.   It appears as long as there are no planes in front of me on taxi, or the UT II traffic traffic (the plane that has no one in front of him), they get the clearance to take off, but the next plane that gets the okay to "Taxi in position hand hold", never gets the clearance to take off.  It just sits there until the aircraft disappears from the screen.  Once the plane disappears, the next gets the okay to take off.  I hope I am not making this sound confusing.  But it is a problem if there is a plane in front, they will get the okay to take off, but any aircraft behind him, will not and just sit there.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 04:10:32 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 08:53:29 am »
I am having problems with UT II.  It will not let me turn off the traffic.

Kill the UT2Services.exe program with Task Manager.

But I know when I have the default traffic only, there is no other traffic ahead of me on the taxi way.

Maybe the UT2 installer has disabled your default Traffic.bgl file so, in order to test with default traffic, you must re-enable it. Go into your FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery folder, and see if you have a file named Traffic.utb (or something like that), and rename it as Traffic.BGL

Then be sure you have the Traffic density slider in FSX to a value high enough.