Author Topic: Rolling acft on initial screen  (Read 5391 times)

hotelfox

Rolling acft on initial screen
« on: November 06, 2008, 09:28:24 pm »
Whenever I start the FA-18 from a smaller fighter base as for instance ETME Eggebek Navy, I find my aircraft halfway in the meadow next to the apron.

As I found out FSX presents the selected acft at the chosen (parking) position moving at a certain speed  - even with the throttle set to 'idle'.

Does anybody know how to avoid that phenomenon? Do I have to change any settings in the acft cfg file?

Thank you very much for your help!

Rgds from Bavaria!       
Leaving the frequency - good bye!

Razgriz

Re: Rolling acft on initial screen
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 12:30:00 am »
FSX does not start the A/C with parking brakes, I don't know why.  It launches you at about 5 kts and 1-5 ft above the ground to prevent crashes, I guess.

hotelfox

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 06:29:29 am »
FSX does not start the A/C with parking brakes, I don't know why.  It launches you at about 5 kts and 1-5 ft above the ground to prevent crashes, I guess.

Which is o.k. for me as long as I start my acft on the RWY. Whereas launching the game on the ramp might even cause a crash - some buildings are located pretty close to acft parking positions ...

JamesChams

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 04:21:44 pm »
Whenever I start the FA-18 from a smaller fighter base as for instance ETME Eggebek Navy, I find my aircraft halfway in the meadow next to the apron.

As I found out FSX presents the selected acft at the chosen (parking) position moving at a certain speed  - even with the throttle set to 'idle'.

Does anybody know how to avoid that phenomenon? Do I have to change any settings in the acft cfg file?

Rgds from Bavaria!       

Mr. hotelfox,

Yes, Here's a suggestion which works ...

1. Load the flight you want in FSX.
2. Reposition the F/A-18 back on the parking spot of your choice.
3. Set the parking brakes ON.
4. Save the flight as Default.
5. Exit and restart FSX.

Now everytime you load the game with this flight the parking brakes will be ON as default even if you change the airport/aircraft in the startup screen.

Good Luck and Enjoy!  :)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

hotelfox

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 07:52:14 pm »

Rgds from Bavaria!       

Mr. hotelfox,

Yes, Here's a suggestion which works ...

1. Load the flight you want in FSX.
2. Reposition the F/A-18 back on the parking spot of your choice.
3. Set the parking brakes ON.
4. Save the flight as Default.
5. Exit and restart FSX.

Now everytime you load the game with this flight the parking brakes will be ON as default even if you change the airport/aircraft in the startup screen.

Good Luck and Enjoy!  :)

Quite a smart idea - thank you very much, James!

For your information: 'hotelfox' is some sort of 'nickname' as it is frequently used within ATC-teams. Even between highest and lowest ranks you will never hear a 'Mr.' attached to it. If you would be a member of such a team your 'nickname' might be 'CharlySierra' (the first and the last letter of your second name) and everybody would just call you 'CharlySierra'.