Author Topic: 4870x2 Problems with the F-18  (Read 5177 times)

172gb

4870x2 Problems with the F-18
« on: November 13, 2008, 03:26:02 am »
I have the ati 4870x2 with cat 8.10 drivers and it runs FSX very well.  The only aircraft I can't fly is the F-18, all starts out well, but after a short period of time all the displays (mfd's) and the hud get these vertical rows of multi-colored blocks in them.  After a few more seconds these vertical lines start appearing everywhere and I have to reboot my computer to restore everything.  Sometimes I'll get a black screen then a message telling me the display driver has stopped working.

Anybody know what's going on or how to fix it?

Thanks
Tom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 4870x2 Problems with the F-18
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 11:38:17 am »
Mmmh...I guess your drivers have broken GDI+ support, you'll probably would have similar problems with any airplane which uses GDI+, which is an integral part of Windows so, it's supposed to work.

You can *try* accessing the GDI+ options in the F-A/18 (look in the thread about "Increasing the refresh rate" to see how) and playing with the option, I think the most relevant one might be the antialiasing, and see if it would work better.

However, it's 100% sure it's a driver bug, other than changing the settings, there's nothing more that can be done except hoping for a driver fix.

172gb

Re: 4870x2 Problems with the F-18
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 02:03:32 pm »
Thank you for the info.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for a driver fix.