Author Topic: Release Parking Brakes Message **SOLVED**  (Read 6553 times)

amberfluid

Release Parking Brakes Message **SOLVED**
« on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:48 am »
Hi, I've just uninstalled GSX and reinstalled it from the current full installer but now every time I do a pushback the message "release parking brakes" continues every few seconds after I've released the brakes and the pushback has commenced. The first repeated message talks over the engines clear and permission to start message. I've never had this before with any of my aircraft. Please help!
Regards
Steve

UPDATE
I've just uninstalled version 1.9.1.2 and reinstalled 1.9.0.9 and everything is working OK again but obviously I don't have the new features like starting engines before pushback option and the choice of vehicles option but at the moment it's better than being told to release parking brakes 20 times during pushback :-( 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 05:14:27 pm by virtuali »

f.skywalker

Re: Release Parking Brakes Message
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 11:35:47 am »
Hallo,

i have the same Problem.
What can i make to have a running GSX ?

solentflyer

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 01:57:18 pm »
Hi, I can confirm I have the same 'release parking brakes' issue since updating to the latest version. Running Prepar3D v2.5 on Windows 10.

Regards,
Dennis
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 05:51:46 pm by solentflyer »

bdf369

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 04:20:06 pm »
Same issue here. I'm running FSX/Accel on Windows 10. Very few other addons, FSUIPC and ASN, that's about it.

Also, I tried to warp to a parking space and got a couatl crash error log:

couatl v3.0 (build 3169)
panic log started on Sat Sep 12 07:34:52 2015

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 1000, in do
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'playGUI'

Thanks,
Barry
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 04:35:31 pm by bdf369 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 11:10:55 pm »
Sorry, I confirm this is a bug.

It's in fact a side effect of the resolution of the problem with the cache regeneration which, even if it might seem strange, didn't had anything to do with the cache itself, but was related to the handling of the message bar.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 05:13:31 pm by virtuali »

amberfluid

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 05:24:22 am »
Thanks Umberto,
Can I just confirm, you're saying to install 1.9.1.2 again and then copy the Couatl.exe file over or should I just leave 1.9.0.9 until you release the fixed installer?
Thanks
Regards
Steve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 05:14:21 pm »
The problem is fixed in the latest version of Couatl.exe, which will be downloaded automatically by running any FSDT installer. No need to replace files anymore.

tszchun_anson

Re: Release Parking Brakes Message **SOLVED**
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 06:01:42 pm »
I have installed the update through the sim, the update should have been installed because I saw the coatl.exe restared, but the problem still exists.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 08:11:31 pm »
I have installed the update through the sim

No, that's not enough. This is NOT an update that can be launched inside the sim. As I've said in my previous message:

The problem is fixed in the latest version of Couatl.exe, which will be downloaded automatically by running any FSDT installer. No need to replace files anymore.

If it were possible to apply this update through the sim, I would simply said "just run Live Update". If I said you run an FSDT installer, it's because it was needed and there isn't any other way to get the updated Couatl.exe

the update should have been installed because I saw the coatl.exe restared, but the problem still exists.

No, the problem is fixed, but you haven't updated Couatl.exe, which can only be done by running any FSDT installer.

Fact that Couatl.exe it has restarted, doesn't automatically mean it also has update itself. If it were possible and/or reliable to update Couatl.exe in the middle of a restart, there wouldn't be a difference between a "Major Update", that requires to exit from FSX, and a "Minor Update", the doesn't require to exit from FSX. The difference is also explained in the GSX manual.

To get the updated Couatl.exe you MUST run any FSDT installer. It doesn't matter which one (GSX, the Stand-alone Addon Manager, a scenery, anything), but you must exit from FSX and run that installer.

tszchun_anson

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 08:23:56 am »
Thanks for your clarification. Sorry that I mixed up Live Update and updating couatl.exe.

Just confirm re-running GSX installer will not affect the settings in GSX?

EDIT: I found "Couatl_Updater.exe" in fsdreamteam folder and just run it. I will see if it helps
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 10:03:12 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 10:08:00 pm »
EDIT: I found "Couatl_Updater.exe" in fsdreamteam folder and just run it. I will see if it helps

I never said to run "Couatl_Updater.exe"!!

I clearly said to run any FSDT installer. The Couatl_Updater.exe IS the "Live Update" and it's not an installer that installs a product. An installer is something that always has "setup" in its name and it's supposed to install a product.

But even if this wasn't clear enough already, I also indicated WHAT are considered installers:

It doesn't matter which one (GSX, the Stand-alone Addon Manager, a scenery, anything)

Couatl_updater.exe doesn't qualify as an "installer" so, in order to get the latest Couatl.exe you must run one of these:

1) The GSX INSTALLER

OR

2) Stand-alone Addon Manager INSTALLER

OR

3) A scenery INSTALLER ( FSDT or Flightbeam)

OR

4) Another FSDT INSTALLER ( XPOI, for example )