Author Topic: Just bought, 2 questions...  (Read 3220 times)

MouseMan

Just bought, 2 questions...
« on: September 14, 2015, 08:35:24 am »
First off I get great frame rates with this add-on...GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!

1) the traffic lands everywhere... I set KORD weather to 270@16 knots and instead of using the 27s and 26, they land everywhere.

2) all the airliners park at the cargo ramp across from 10/28. I use the stock AI planes and all of them park at the cargo ramp or the maintenance hangers. Only 1 747 parks at the terminal.

Please don't tell me to buy a traffic add-on, I'm not  interested in those.

Thank you and have a good day.

Marc
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 08:38:33 am by MouseMan »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Just bought, 2 questions...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 10:40:51 am »
1) the traffic lands everywhere... I set KORD weather to 270@16 knots and instead of using the 27s and 26, they land everywhere.

KORD is programmed for multiple crosswind runway, so it's normal the would all work, depending on the x-wind component. Wind is an important factor in runway choice, but not the only one. If we didn't allowed multiple runway operations, the opposite problem would be far worse, with AI disappearing or abort landings because a single runway wouldn't be enough for such large airport.

2) all the airliners park at the cargo ramp across from 10/28. I use the stock AI planes and all of them park at the cargo ramp or the maintenance hangers. Only 1 747 parks at the terminal

Please don't tell me to buy a traffic add-on, I'm not  interested in those.

Yes, you will have to buy a traffic add-on. All our sceneries are designed taking for granted users would have some sort of traffic add-on, with planes having their own airline parking codes, so they are sorted accordingly to airline. The sort by class ( ramp, cargo, GA, etc. ) is far too coarse, and it requires the parking would be coded as such, which would in turn cause issues of conflict between our custom scenery objects and the vehicles that FSX automatically creates depending on the parking class, which will also lower fps so, we don't rely on that classification.

You don't want to use the stock AI traffic, for another reason, and it's fps. Many of the stock AI in FSX are not optimized for AI usage, they are exactly the same models you are flying (like the stock A321, 737, 747), so they are too detailed for AI usage and when they appears in numbers, they will both kill fps AND use lots of precious memory. Good AI traffic products comes with models optimized for AI usage, with less detail, less animations and LOD levels optimized for longer viewing distances so, in addition to look more realistic, because of all real world airlines, they are also better for fps, usually. Or, at the same fps, you might see more of them.