Author Topic: Duplicate baggage carts  (Read 2446 times)

mortonrb

Duplicate baggage carts
« on: September 13, 2015, 07:44:20 pm »
I have just started a flight from KSJC.   In the photo, you will see the baggage carts arriving and to the right are 2 carts which did not leave.  I requested fuel, and boarding.  Did not select catering.

I am running the latest versions of GSX.
Bill
i5 2500K@ 3.30Ghz, 8gb ddr3, GeForce GTX 760 2gb, FSX w/Acceleration, Windows 7 x64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Duplicate baggage carts
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 09:56:47 pm »
That's not a problem or something that should be fixed, and GSX has always been like this: the vehicles used for boarding are not supposed to be the same that are already parked on the stand, because we assume they are bringing the luggage from some other part of the terminal, to the airplane for boarding.

The ones that start parked are not supposed to leave: if you are starting this flight with boarding, they are just there doing nothing except decorate the parking stand, and that's how it's supposed to be. If, instead, you are landing, the deboarding will be performed by them, which will then leave (to carry luggage to another part of the terminal, such as the baggage claim area), and a subsequent boarding will be done by other two *different* vehicles.

Basically, the boarding vehicles are always coming from away and will leave again when they are done. The deboarding vehicles are spawned on the parking, and will leave ONLY when used to do deboarding: they will never perform boarding.

mortonrb

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 01:26:04 am »
Umberto

Understood.  However, if I select catering they do leave.  Is this also part of the design.
Bill
i5 2500K@ 3.30Ghz, 8gb ddr3, GeForce GTX 760 2gb, FSX w/Acceleration, Windows 7 x64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 10:42:56 am »
Understood.  However, if I select catering they do leave.  Is this also part of the design.

Yes, because when you select catering, you basically stated your intentions about the next sequence, which will likely be boarding. Instead, when selecting refueling, it might be still possible your next action might be deboarding, so they don't leave because you might still need them.

mortonrb

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 11:51:30 am »
Umberto

Thanks for the info.

Bill