Author Topic: What is FSDTs plan for the future of GSX?  (Read 5408 times)

Speedbird ATC

What is FSDTs plan for the future of GSX?
« on: September 13, 2015, 12:13:22 am »
Hello everyone, today I am here to talk about the lovely GSX. I have a question for the devs: What is the future of this addon? What are your plans for it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: What is FSDTs plan for the future of GSX?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 12:31:48 am »
We'll try to make it as reliable as possible first (as a duty to existing customers, that always come first), but we'll also try to add all the features that has been discussed in the forum over the years.

If something hasn't come yet, it's only because there are other things to do first, but that doesn't mean that we don't internally discuss every suggestion and, in fact, most of the latest new features, were all being suggested by our users.

New services, like water and lavatory will come, for example. Pushback will be constantly improved too, and some areas like refueling really need attention.

The airplane configuration editor will be more powerful, because it will allow to specify more points over the airplane we cannot get in any other way, for things like water supply, refueling points, engine position to place traffic cones correctly, etc.

The scenery configuration editor will one day allow you to place an FSDT docking system on any scenery, default and 3rd party. In fact, GSX is already internally ready for it, it's just the user interface for it is not the easiest thing to do.

We are also working with Jeffrey Stähli, the author of SODE, and are well on the way to integrate GSX with SODE, and make them easier to use together (no need to select a parking twice, in GSX and SODE). This will probably have some effect to our sceneries too.

omitchell

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 02:29:37 pm »
Sounding excellent guys...
"ETOPS - Engines Turn Or Passengers Swim"

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 10:05:00 pm »
This is going to be amazing! I hope these features come soon! Great work guys, I just noticed that GSX adds cones! Are they disabled for planes like the Aerosoft A320 and PMDG 777 that already have cones? One more question that is a little off topic. Is their anyway to disable certain pushback tugs on certain airports? For example, at Seattle we do not use the large towbar type, and the towbar-less type. I could disable them on entire planes, but sometimes my destination airport does use the other types!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 10:44:58 am »
Are they disabled for planes like the Aerosoft A320 and PMDG 777 that already have cones?

Obviously yes..:) They are still not completed, because we are still missing cones around the engines. The issue is, the engine position reported by Simconnect (which is taken from the aircraft.cfg file) sometimes is about right, sometimes is entirely wrong.

Even some 3rd party airplanes that have a supposedly realistic flight model "tested by pilots", have some of the engine positions entirely off, which I guess it would have some effect on the center of thrust and balance...so we found we couldn't rely on that data, and we'll have to update the GSX airplane configuration editor too, in order to specify the engine position correctly. So, while we are at it, we'll also add the ability for users to enable/disable Traffic Cones entirely for airplanes that already have their own.

But yes, internally, for the supported airplanes, GSX already knows which ones have their own cones, and disable them.

Is their anyway to disable certain pushback tugs on certain airports? For example, at Seattle we do not use the large towbar type, and the towbar-less type. I could disable them on entire planes, but sometimes my destination airport does use the other types!

That's an interesting suggestion. Right now, vehicle selection is usually related to the airplane only  (usually the weight or the number of passengers), but I think nothing should prevent us to allow for an additional condition based on the airport.

SirTipf

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 05:14:30 pm »
Can't wait for a better refueling! This really something importend in my eyes even if it is just something little :D
Would love to know what you will change with the refueling, are you planning to create different types of refueling vehicles?
With best regards,
Tim

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 09:19:21 pm »
Other then improving diversity of vehicles, what is the plan for refueling? One more thing related to pushback. In real life the tug does not arrive until the plane is nearly ready for pushback (typically while boarding is underway) and when it does arrive, it hitches up to the plane even when pushback is a while off. Is their any chance of this being a feature of GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 11:30:36 am »
Other then improving diversity of vehicles, what is the plan for refueling?

To be redone from scratch...in a future GSX major version.

One more thing related to pushback. In real life the tug does not arrive until the plane is nearly ready for pushback (typically while boarding is underway) and when it does arrive, it hitches up to the plane even when pushback is a while off. Is their any chance of this being a feature of GSX?

That might be possible, we might have to change the pushback from a vehicle that spawns on the parking, into a vehicle that comes from some place, like the Catering.

However, it will have repercussions on the parking customization editor, and all the existing customizations made by users, and it won't really offer much in terms of features. It's surely best to first improve it (for example to allow pulling), before just changing the location it spawns from.