Author Topic: How many objects does the add-on install?  (Read 2488 times)

MouseMan

How many objects does the add-on install?
« on: September 10, 2015, 11:06:38 pm »
Hey all,

I was curious how the product works. I see that it adds trucks, ramp agents to bring you in, fuelers and automated parking systems to the airports but I worry that all these objects will kill frame rates. Let me ask...

If I want to park at a gate with a automated system, does it spawn the parking system or does the add-on install 25 of them around LAX and now the simulator has to load all of the 25 systems? What I'm saying is does it permanently add parking systems to all the airports even if you don't use them or does it only add it when you request it for that gate. Then it removes it once your done with the flight.

Also does it add fuelers and food trucks for the AI Aircraft too? many that's a lot of stuff for the CPU to have to process.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 11:10:23 pm by MouseMan »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: How many objects does the add-on install?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 07:28:02 am »
You won't see any FPS hit with GSX because it only spawns objects for your parking and doesn't spawn anything for AI.

Also, the stuff like the fuel truck and luggage only works when you're parked, so even it it did cost FPS you wound notice it because the plane is parked and not moving. Another thing is that the objects won't spawn until you land and select the gate. So even if there was an FPS hit from  that you'd only be taxiing at that point and would likely not notice.

If anything,  the small amount of objects that GSX places would cost about the same as one AI plane at an airport, which is basically nothing.

Since GSX offers a free trial and works for free at any FSDT airport, just download it and try it out and see for yourself.

MouseMan

Re: How many objects does the add-on install?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 08:54:27 am »
Thank you so much, that's what I wanted to hear... :)