Author Topic: Airport Cache Loaded Banner  (Read 3471 times)

Jetsetter

Airport Cache Loaded Banner
« on: September 09, 2015, 11:24:32 am »

I am getting a green 'Airport Cache Loaded Banner' each time I start FSX and load a saved flight. It only displays for a couple of seconds but is something that has never shown before.

I have uninstalled GSX fully and downloaded a fresh copy hoping this will fix it, but it is still showing. Is there an option to remove this banner please.

Windows 7 Home 64bit - 128GB Crucial M4 SSD - 2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler 16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX Gold - GSX - FS Cabin Crew -ASN SP3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport Cache Loaded Banner
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 05:17:59 pm »
You are making it sound as if this message was a "problem". It's an indication that everything's fine with GSX, and it has loaded its cache successfully.

Which is why, is displayed for a very short time and only once, when FSX starts, so you BOTH knows that everything's fine AND you cannot possibly be distracted by it, or miss other messages coming from other programs that might need to use the message bar.

Jetsetter

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 06:21:58 pm »
You are making it sound as if this message was a "problem". It's an indication that everything's fine with GSX, and it has loaded its cache successfully.

I'm not making it sound anything. I'm simply asking why it is showing now when it never has before. If it's normal that's fine, but why has it suddenly started showing, albeit for only a few seconds. Is it something to do with a latest update.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:31:18 pm by virtuali »
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler 16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX Gold - GSX - FS Cabin Crew -ASN SP3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 06:32:15 pm »
I'm not making it sound anything.

Well, you said:

"I have uninstalled GSX fully and downloaded a fresh copy hoping this will fix it"

and that really sounds as if you believed it was some kind of problem, since you went as far as uninstalling, downloading and reinstalling, hoping to "fix it"...

I'm simply asking why it is showing now when it never has before. If it's normal that's fine, but why has it suddenly started showing, albeit for only a few seconds. Is it something to do with a latest update.

It has been added about 6 months ago, when we started the GSX Public Beta period, and it's included in the official version since we went of out Beta, about 1 month ago. It was a feature requested by some users, that wanted to be sure the cache was loaded correctly, and GSX is ready to run.

Jetsetter

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 12:12:02 pm »
Why couldn't you just say that originally, that's all I wanted to know. But no, you had to try and be clever and sarcastic. I asked a straight forward question, explaining what I had done to try and resolve it not knowing if it was a fault or not and you have finally given me the answer, thank you.

You really need to brush up on your customer care skills instead of making customers feel like they are being a nuisance for daring to ask for assistance.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 04:17:39 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 04:22:54 pm »
Why couldn't you just say that originally, that's all I wanted to know. But no, you had to try and be clever and sarcastic. I asked a straight forward question, explaining what I had done to try and resolve it not knowing if it was a fault or not and you have finally given me the answer, thank you.

I gave you the answer about this not being a problem immediately in the first reply so, your support question was already entirely answered.

If with "you have finally given me the answer", you are referring to the 2nd reply about since how long ago this was included, it's just because only on your 2nd reply, you asked if it was something that had to do with the update so, you have been replied precisely and in a timely manner.

Re-reading your initial question, I found I haven't replied to another one of your questions, which was the "Is there an option to remove this banner please", so I apologize for not having noticed this one. The reply to this one is no, there's no option to remove it in this version, but we might consider linking the appearance of the message to the GSX "Verbosity" slider setting, so you'll be able to turn it off.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 07:15:26 pm »
We have added your suggestion, and the latest Couatl.exe build which is available online now, will let you to disable the "Airport Cache loaded" message, if you lower the "Verbosity" slider in the GSX Settings page one notch down.

To get the updated Coautl.exe, either reinstall GSX (no need to download it again), or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer.