Author Topic: 1.9.12 Update  (Read 7324 times)

blazer05

1.9.12 Update
« on: September 09, 2015, 04:19:20 am »
How do you update from 1.9.11 to 1.9.12?

bobsk8

Re: 1.9.12 Update
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 04:35:45 am »
Is this the GSX update that is mentioned on Facebook. Someone said that when you start GSX, it offers to update it, but i don't get any message. The only update I hot this morning was for Couatl, which I don't think updates GSX. I wish I could find some instructions on how to install this update into GSX.   The update I got still does not allow an engine start before pushback.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:18:46 am by bobsk8 »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 07:35:12 am »
All you guys need to do is download the GSX installer and run it. It's the most up to date and has all the updates in it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 10:37:14 am »
I wish I could find some instructions on how to install this update into GSX.

The Live Update automatic notification have an option to see the release notes

The update I got still does not allow an engine start before pushback.

I assume you were using at least the previous GSX non-Beta version, which is the one that comes with Couatl 3 that has been released one month ago, after 6 months of being in Public Beta. If you are still running on a pre-Couatl3 GSX, this won't be updated anymore, and there will be no more Live Update notifications for it.

They'll be back after you install the latest GSX full installer, which works on a separate Live Update server.

It's not possible to jump from GSX+Couatl2 to GSX+Couatl3 with the automatic Live Update. You must first download and install a full GSX installer that comes with Couatl3.

Of course, since the full installer that is currently online now, has all the updates included, if you download it now, you won't have to do anything, until the NEXT update.

blazer05

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 02:41:56 pm »
Thanks I will do that when I get home from work.

Thanks for the quick response.  I wasted my time looking in all the wrong places.

bobsk8

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 03:55:31 pm »
The update that I ran was called 08 Set 2015 and was supposed to address traffic cones and allow pushback after engine start. It doesn't allow the engines to start before pushback just as before, no change at all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 04:58:01 pm »
The update that I ran was called 08 Set 2015 and was supposed to address traffic cones and allow pushback after engine start. It doesn't allow the engines to start before pushback just as before, no change at all.

Please re-read my previous reply carefully:

I assume you were using at least the previous GSX non-Beta version, which is the one that comes with Couatl 3 that has been released one month ago, after 6 months of being in Public Beta. If you are still running on a pre-Couatl3 GSX, this won't be updated anymore, and there will be no more Live Update notifications for it.

They'll be back after you install the latest GSX full installer, which works on a separate Live Update server.

It's not possible to jump from GSX+Couatl2 to GSX+Couatl3 with the automatic Live Update. You must first download and install a full GSX installer that comes with Couatl3.

The only possible reason why you are not seeing the Start engines before Pushback and the Traffic cones, it's because you are still running with an old pre-Couatl3 version, so the Live Update for it won't update anything, since it has been 6 months we haven't updated that version.

Yes, the *release* notes you are seeing, are the latest ones, since the release notes file it's just one, but not the actual downloaded code. It's made on purpose, so users running the old version would know what has been updated, should they update to the latest version, but they weren't ready to do it, because it has been in Beta for 6 months.

So, in your case, if you are still running a pre-Couatl3 version, you must download and install the current full GSX installer, because too many things have changed, and Live Update cannot update you automatically from a version based on Couatl 2 to the current one.

bobsk8

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 05:25:52 pm »
This update procedure has me totally confused. I downloaded a setup manager.exe, and ran it, and then GSX wouldn't even run. Luckily I had a backup of the folder, and replaced it so it is working again. Here is what I would like to know:

1. Does GSX gave to be uninstalled before running the update?
2. How do I know which version of Coutal installer I have now, maybe I already have the latest version 3, how can I tell?
3. Where is a link to the complete download file and the exact name of it,  that needs to be installed that includes everything to make the update work? 

I see a few people on Facebook are also having problems with this update.

Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 05:46:47 pm »
This update procedure has me totally confused.

That's because you haven't followed my previous instructions.

I downloaded a setup manager.exe, and ran it, and then GSX wouldn't even run.

This cannot possibly happening but, again, it's LIKELY that, if you were updating from an old version, even the Stand-Alone Addon Manager wouldn't be enough to update you from that version to the latest one, because the Stand-Alone Addon Manager DOES NOT contains new objects that has been introduced both in the latest two updates and in the past 6 months we have been in Beta so, it's *possible* GSX is not starting because it's missing some new objects that are not included in the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

The GSX manual has a section about what Live Update does, and what it doesn't. It discuss the difference between a Minor Update (one that can be applied without restarting FSX) and a Major Update, which requires to download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

The GSX manual also said that, some updates might require new objects, textures and sounds, and THOSE updates CANNOT be updated JUST with a Stand-Alone Addon Manager download: they will ALSO require to download and install the latest vehicle installer. This update was one of this kind.

But as I've said in all my previous replies, if you are confused and don't want to wonder what you have to do:

just download the full GSX installer now

Is THAT simple!

The full GSX installer is ALWAYS kept updated with all the latest updates of the day.

Whenever you see an update notification, you can bet the full GSX installer has been updated too, and the obvious reason for this, is that GSX is sold in TRIAL version, and the TRIAL is the SAME and only installer we have so, as soon as we have updates, we also update the installer, in order to always offer the very latest version of the program as a Trial, so it will look as best as possible for new users.

1. Does GSX gave to be uninstalled before running the update?

We haven't included anything about this in the release notes or anywhere else in our site/forum so, you can safely assume it doesn't matter.

If it was required to uninstall first, we would clearly advised to do so or, more likely, we would have the installer either issue a warning, or perform the uninstaller for you.

2. How do I know which version of Coutal installer I have now, maybe I already have the latest version 3, how can I tell?

I never said to check which version of Couatl.exe you have. If you just installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager now, it's fairly sure you have the latest Couatl.exe, but this wasn't the thing you had to check.

I said to check if the GSX Full Installer you used when you installed GSX last, CAME WITH Couatl 3 or not.

But again, this would be an issues, only if you want to update by downloading the smallest installer possible. If you don't want to GUESS what you have to do, just download the FULL GSX INSTALLER NOW, and it's totally updated to this day.

3. Where is a link to the complete download file and the exact name of it,  that needs to be installed that includes everything to make the update work?  

GSX only has ONE Full installer. It's always in the same place it has ever been:

- The "Products" page of this site, where you can find ALL the latest updates

AND

- The GSX "Info" page. The link is obviously exactly the same on both pages.

There are no other links anywhere for the GSX Full installer so, it's not as if you can download the "wrong" full installer, or an outdated one, by mistake.

I see a few people on Facebook are also having problems with this update.

That's because they might not be fully accustomed to the extremely easy and convenient way of always having the latest and fully installer available. But it was VERY simple:

Was your GSX installed with an installer that already included Couatl 3 ?

- If Yes, follow the Live Update suggestions in the release notes, which tells you that, in addition to apply the Live Update, you also need to download and install one of the Vehicles installers.

- if No, or you don't know, or you don't want to wonder, download the latest GSX FULL INSTALLER, and forget about the rest.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 08:33:36 am by virtuali »

bobsk8

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 01:46:48 am »
Thanks , got it working. 

Hor1463

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 11:21:01 am »
Hi, have a problem with the newest version off GSX. When I download the latest version from the Product Page an use to install it, I get during the installation a error message. The box, witch the opens says, that I have to close an application. But there ist no appliaction open! The installer will close it automaticly ( this one: Couatl™ Scripting Engine for FSX/ESP ) but this doesn´t work. When I click ignore, then the installer works, but there will be some error message like Code 5 and so on.

What can I do now?
Roland

Hor1463

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 12:18:13 pm »
Hi, I uninstall GSX and install the new version and it works.
Roland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 05:11:09 pm »
When I click ignore, then the installer works, but there will be some error message like Code 5 and so on.

You ran the installer when FSX was still running, or too quickly after FSX closed, without allowing to close all open files and processes. A Windows restart should fix this.