Author Topic: GSX Crash and not showing up on addons Menu  (Read 3273 times)

jackieman27

GSX Crash and not showing up on addons Menu
« on: September 09, 2015, 12:17:17 am »
     After the past two updates, I hit Control F12 to select a parking area as usual and when I go to hit it (ctrl f12) again to change the parking space and nothing shows up and Coutl is gone from the addons page. A triggered crash I'm guessing? Happens with any aircraft @ any airport.

I did accidentally install the last vehicle update right after the Coutl update while FSX was still running if that could've screwed anything up.

Please Help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Crash and not showing up on addons Menu
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 10:46:10 am »
You should have a Couatl.LOG or Couatl.err file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, please check both of them.

jackieman27

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 10:01:25 pm »
You should have a Couatl.LOG or Couatl.err file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, please check both of them.
Yep ! I did loose the .LOG file. Should i re install?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 08:44:04 am »

The Couatl.LOG file is created only if you enable Logging from the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page. The Couatl.ERR file is created in any case, if there's an error, but contains only the error text

So, immediately after a crash like the one you reported, you should *at least* have the Couatl.ERR file. If you restart FSX, a new one will be created (only after a *new* crash), so you must check for it as soon as the crash happens, after exiting from FSX.

jackieman27

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 02:38:06 am »

The Couatl.LOG file is created only if you enable Logging from the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page. The Couatl.ERR file is created in any case, if there's an error, but contains only the error text

So, immediately after a crash like the one you reported, you should *at least* have the Couatl.ERR file. If you restart FSX, a new one will be created (only after a *new* crash), so you must check for it as soon as the crash happens, after exiting from FSX.

It seems like the problem doesn't happen with default aircraft. But obviously i don't just want to fly those.

I can't get the error file, I checked the setting but it doesn't show up in the file.

I've tried installing GSX, but when it's uninstalled the Addon Manager still says it's installed and still doesn't work.

please help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 11:03:07 am »
It seems like the problem doesn't happen with default aircraft. But obviously i don't just want to fly those.

No, the problem likely happens with only a *specific* 3rd party addon. Have you tried to customize its configuration for it ? Or, was an unsupported airplane that you made the configuration from scratch ?

I can't get the error file, I checked the setting but it doesn't show up in the file.

As I've said, the Couatl.LOG file is created only if you enable Logging from the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page. The Couatl.ERR file is created in any case, if there's an error, but contains only the error text.

So, in general, if the Couatl.ERR is missing, it's best to enable Logging so, at least, even if there's no logged error, we can see other information about your config, the airplane used, the airplane customization file, the scenery used, etc.