Author Topic: bglmanx.dll Error **SOLVED**  (Read 32507 times)

metalmike

Re: bglmanx.dll Error **SOLVED**
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 06:39:24 am »
Thanks guys. I had the same problem, and this solution also worked for me.

Er!k

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 08:20:49 am »
Many thanks Umberto. This also solved the issue for me. Did not want to blame you for not testing, just was looking for similarities. I think it is wise to add this to the FAQ. Found a lot of users who had this issue.

sdkellner

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2015, 01:08:46 pm »
Works for me too.  Thanks Umberto  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2015, 03:31:51 pm »
Many thanks Umberto. This also solved the issue for me. Did not want to blame you for not testing, just was looking for similarities. I think it is wise to add this to the FAQ. Found a lot of users who had this issue.

The only users that had this problem are:

- Those that downloaded GSX in the last couple of days, after we modified the installer, following that report of that user from Slovakia that, THANKS to that change, was finally able to install it correctly. He, and a whole forum of users in that country

AND

- In *addition* to the above, the only users affected, are those with ANOTHER 3rd party module that still uses the original Simconnect from FSX RTM that, by loading before bglmanx.dll, has forced FSX to use the old version, which is something that should happen in the first place, thanks to the Windows SxS mechanism.

But that's all history now, because I've already changed the installers (it was just the GSX and the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installers), and now they have bglmanx.dll on top of the DLL.XML, as they always had, but there's also a separate handling of the case which affected Windows in Slovak ( and possibly other less common language versions, although we never had any other reports before ), so it should work in any case now.

I would be interested to know which modules you had installed, to identify which one was causing FSX to load only the original Simconnect. I really cannot see why any developer would want to link against the original Simconnect, since the SP2 version has been out since 8 years...

SkyblueX

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2015, 06:18:55 pm »
The only payware addons I own are-
iFly 737, Aerosoft A32X, New York City X and KJFK X, and REX Soft Clouds.  (all of these worked as normal before the bgl error happened)
I have numerous freeware addons (too many to tell exactly). But the most recent one I installed was Schiphol scenery from NL2000.

Er!k

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2015, 06:29:18 pm »
My DLL's are (in the correct order):
- LHBP_objectPlacer.dll (LHSimulations Budapest)
- AFXModuleFSX.dll (Airport Facilitator X)
- ViMaCoreX.dll (Vistamare)
- AS-FlightRecorder.dll (Aerosoft Flight Recorder (Airbus series))
- RAASPRO.dll (RAAS Professional for Airbus)
- FSUIPC4.dll (FSUIPC 4.944)
- as_btstrp.dll (Active Sky Next)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2015, 09:28:14 am »
The only payware addons I own are-
iFly 737, Aerosoft A32X, New York City X and KJFK X, and REX Soft Clouds.  (all of these worked as normal before the bgl error happened)

Rather than indicating your payware addon, you should list all the modules ( regardless if they are pawware or freeware ) in your DLL.XML. Not all payware addons use modules in the DLL.XML, and some freeware do.

They worked before, because previous versions of our installer AND the very latest one, always placed the bglmanx.dll line before everything else, so another module using an older version of Simconnect didn't had a chance to break the Windows SxS system that should allow many modules to obtain their own preferred version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2015, 10:23:04 am »
My DLL's are (in the correct order):

I made a quick check on these and, according to their manifest file, they requires the following Simconnect versions:

LHBP_objectPlacer.dll (LHSimulations Budapest) - 10.0.61242 - FSX SP1

AFXModuleFSX.dll (Airport Facilitator X) - 10.0.60905 - FSX RTM

ViMaCoreX.dll (Vistamare) - Doesn't have a manifest, it probably loads Simconnect dynamically.

AS-FlightRecorder.dll (Aerosoft Flight Recorder (Airbus series)) - This one includes ALL different Simconnect versions in its manifest file. This doesn't seem to be a good idea, according to this post on a MSDN blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nikolad/archive/2007/03/29/a-solution-to-two-references-to-different-versions-of-crt-mfc-atl-in-one-application-manifest-file.aspx

RAASPRO.dll (RAAS Professional for Airbus) - 10.0.60905 - FSX RTM

FSUIPC4.dll (FSUIPC 4.944) - Doesn't have a manifest, so it loads Simconnect dynamically.

I don't have the as_btstrp.dll, but I tested other modules too:

PMDG_HUD_interface.dll and PMDG_Interface.dll - 10.0.61259 - FSX SP2

ObjectFlow.dll from OrbX FTX - Doesn't have Simconnect referenced in the manifest, but the are references in the code to the 10.0.61259 ( FSX SP2 ) version, which seems to be loaded explicitly.

LeonardoSH.dll (from the Maddog) - 10.0.60905 - FSX RTM

LVLD.DLL - 10.0.61259 - FSX SP2

SimObjectAnimationModule.DLL ( SODE ) - 10.0.61259 - FSX SP2

To sum up:

1) PMDG, Level-D, SODE, ViMaCoreX, FSUIPC4 and ObjectFlow.dll all require the latest Simconnect version, the one released with FSX SP2, either from their manifest, or by loading it dynamically, so they cannot have been the cause of the problem.

2) LHBP_objectPlacer.dll requires the FSX SP1 version, which DOES have the Simconnect_text() function call, so this wouldn't be a problem either.

3) AFXModuleFSX.dll, RAASPRO.dll, and LeonardoSH.dll require the FSX RTM Simconnect, so any of them might have caused this. However, I use AFX myself, and never had a problem with it, regardless of the loading order.

4) AS-FlightRecorder.dll - This one look odd, so I'll try to test it more now...

Hitchhiker

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2016, 05:58:34 pm »
Hi I've started getting this error on launching P3D v3.1. I have tried all suggestions included in this thread with no joy. I have since uninstalled and re-installed the P3D v3.1 client, Simconnect clients v10.0.60905.0, 10.0.61242.0, 10.0.61259, as well as ESP Simconnect v1.0.20.0. I even repaired the VC++ Redistirbutables. Still getting the same "entry point" error.

Is there anything else I can try to resolve the issue?

Diuhh

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2016, 07:56:42 pm »
Hi I've started getting this error on launching P3D v3.1. I have tried all suggestions included in this thread with no joy. I have since uninstalled and re-installed the P3D v3.1 client, Simconnect clients v10.0.60905.0, 10.0.61242.0, 10.0.61259, as well as ESP Simconnect v1.0.20.0. I even repaired the VC++ Redistirbutables. Still getting the same "entry point" error.
Is there anything else I can try to resolve the issue?

Same here - also P3D v3.1 - tried anything and even reinstalled P3D! Wasted Sunday only to find that issue popping up again  :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 02:11:07 pm »
Same here - also P3D v3.1 - tried anything and even reinstalled P3D! Wasted Sunday only to find that issue popping up again  :'(

There wasn't any need to reinstall P3D and we surely haven't suggest this. The problem is the FSX Simconnect client version SP2 is not correctly installer. See this thread for all known solutions:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13029.0.html

Hitchhiker

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 11:20:32 pm »
Thanks Umberto. Will have a look at these options and will report back. FYI, I did not uninstall P3D in it's entirety. I only uninstalled and re-installed the client module, leaving all the content unaffected. That's the beauty of the new modular structure of P3D.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2016, 02:00:19 pm »
FYI, I did not uninstall P3D in it's entirety. I only uninstalled and re-installed the client module, leaving all the content unaffected. That's the beauty of the new modular structure of P3D.

Yes, at least it was quick. However, just keep in mind that, nothing in the P3D install/uninstall process relates to the backward-compatible FSX Simconnect clients.

They are never installed/uninstalled by P3D, and are always optional installations that you are supposed to install manually from their .MSI files in the SDK/Legacy folder under P3D. Our installer will automatically launch the .MSI file but, it's possible that either the Simconnect installation itself has an issues OR your system is also missing OTHER dependencies that the FSX Simconnect clients requires, like the VC++ 2005 SP1 redistributable runtimes, which also need to be correctly installed.

Hitchhiker

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2016, 03:10:11 pm »
Many thanks Umberto. The bglmanx.dll issue has been resolved. Unfortunately, I am now getting a couatl.exe application error ("The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150004)"). I am aware of other threads dealing with such errors and will follow up there.