Author Topic: bglmanx.dll Error **SOLVED**  (Read 32688 times)

SkyblueX

bglmanx.dll Error **SOLVED**
« on: September 03, 2015, 01:48:19 am »
Hey guys, I seem to have run into a weird problem today...
I was playing around with the Ezdok camera I just purchased. GSX was working like normally after I initially installed Ezdok. However, I added a new camera into Ezdok, and all of a sudden my GSX menu disappears. I've been through that disappearance problem before, so normally, I just reinstalled the Addon manager. Midway through the installation, I encountered a message I never seen before - it was something about the coatll engine being shutdown in order to a update (I don't remember exactly). I let the engine get shut down, and the installation was completed like normall. Before I launched FSX, I shut down my Internet connection (I use a hotspot). FSX started up like normally but this time, a error message appeared-
Flight simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program:
Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version: 3, 0, 0, 7
Company: VIRTUALI Sagl
File: bglmanx.dll

Do you want to run this software?

... I click yes, and then another error message appears...

bglmanx.dll -  Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point SimConnect_Text could not be located in the dynamic link library simconnect.dll

... FSX immediately shuts down after I click OK. I have no idea how to fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 02:10:26 am by virtuali »

SkyblueX

Re: bglmanx.dll Error
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 02:03:30 am »
Here's some extra information if needed-
I'm running FSX Gold Edition (both SP installed), along with numerous other addons
My computer is using Windows 8,64 bit  (yes, UAC is turned off)
The last time I updated GSX was around August 18. That installation was successful
This time I downloaded the main addon manager from the GSX purchase site
Due to my Internet limitations, I usually download the installer into my phone, and then run the exe on the computer. Sometimes I let the computer connect to the Internet only for the installation.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 12:29:11 pm »
I was playing around with the Ezdok camera I just purchased. GSX was working like normally after I initially installed Ezdok. However, I added a new camera into Ezdok, and all of a sudden my GSX menu disappears.

We have had some reports of Ezdok causing problems with GSX, most likely because of ways to deal with keys.

I've been through that disappearance problem before, so normally, I just reinstalled the Addon manager. Midway through the installation, I encountered a message I never seen before - it was something about the coatll engine being shutdown in order to a update (I don't remember exactly). I let the engine get shut down, and the installation was completed like normall.

It seems that Ezdok caused the GSX menu to disappear, but Couatl.exe was still running so, it's normal you would have seen such message, and the installer dealt with correctly.

Do you want to run this software?

... I click yes, and then another error message appears...

bglmanx.dll -  Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point SimConnect_Text could not be located in the dynamic link library simconnect.dll
... FSX immediately shuts down after I click OK. I have no idea how to fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

That looks like a mismatch of old/new versions, which might have been caused by a problem with the internet connection, perhaps some files the installer was supposed to download weren't downloaded correctly.

That error message is a generic panic message from FSX, when it cannot load a module. It's clear that it wasn't able to load bglmanx.dll because bglmanx.dll wasn't able to load Simconnect.dll or, more precisely, it couldn't find the SimConnect_Text function in simconnect.dll. Meaning, it HAS found simconnect.dll, but it couldn't find that function, so I suspect Windows is supplying bglmanx.dlll with an OLDER (pre-SP2) Simconnect version that is installed in your system, but it's not the one bglmanx.dll needs ( it needs the SP2/Acceleration Pack version ).

Now, since bglmanx.dll requires the the SP2/Acceleration Pack version of simconnect since many years, and nothing has changed, it's possible your Windows Side-by-side loading subsystem is acting up and trying to load the wrong version.

It's also possible that, because another addon you installed that requested the pre-SP2 version, Windows is not able to sort out the (very complex) system that would allow TWO modules running in the same memory space, to each one request and use a DIFFERENT .DLL, which is exactly what the Side-by-side system is supposed to do WHEN IT WORKS.

I'd try with this:

- Download and install the latest Addon Manager now. This will ensure that, in addition to *download* the latest files, it also *contains* the latest files so, even if you had a problem while downloading, there cannot be any version mismatch due to incomplete downloads.

- Do all of this AFTER a WINDOWS RESTART. This should prevent other loaded modules to cause issues in memory.

SkyblueX

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 04:33:19 pm »
Thanks for the detailed response.

Initially I did download the installer through the main site, like I always had. However, I never did a restart, so maybe this might help? I'll report back soon

SkyblueX

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 04:47:39 pm »
Unfortunately it seems like it didn't work.  The same error messages appear.

fsx100

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 06:44:37 pm »
Same problem here, extremely irritating. Same version of error too (3, 0, 0, 7). I've tried so many things from different threads and this one, including uninstalling everything FSDreamteam related and then reinstalling only Standalone Addon Manager.

This started happening only after installing GSX; I already had KLAS, LSGG, and a few other airports installed.

I have disabled antivirus and am running Windows 10.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2qncexe.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/2sbrjmx.png
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:37:49 pm by virtuali »

rockon01uk

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 07:15:59 pm »
Also having the exact same problem and error messages as the previous posts after updating Couatl and the Addon Manager.

I have also just recently reinstalled FSX with just a few addons. I have GSX and all other FSdreamteam scenery.

SkyblueX

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 07:30:06 pm »
Yes, I also forgot to mention that this only happens in the newest version. I've purchased a lot of addons before, but this is my first experiencing this error. I've done all the suggested solutions, but I still get this error. And it's driving me crazy,  as I absolutely refuse to fly on FSX without GSX.

rockon01uk

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 08:41:16 pm »
The only way I can get FSX to run as before is to click on the NO option, as on the screen similar to the first pic as posted by fsx100. Obviously then the Addon Manager option is not present at all in FSX and no FSdreamteam scenery works. I have also tried other options as posted in other threads I have read.

Er!k

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 09:06:47 pm »
Same issue here on Windows 10 x64 after a reinstall of GSX. Couldn't it be related to a corrupt file on your side? Since these issues rise since a couple of days?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:08:09 pm by Er!k »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 11:13:33 pm »
Same issue here on Windows 10 x64 after a reinstall of GSX. Couldn't it be related to a corrupt file on your side? Since these issues rise since a couple of days?

Before replying to users reporting such problem, I ALWAYS check if the problem can be replicated, doing exactly what the user said it did, for example reinstalling GSX so, if the file was really corrupted on our side, it would be immediately noticeable.

In addition to that, all our executables are digitally signed, so you don't have to "guess" if a file might have been corrupted or you got a bad download, because if you had, the digital signature would become invalid, and you'll see a warning from FSX that the publisher is unknown, which should alert you that something is not right with the file. If you haven't got that warning and you saw the normal request to authorize the module, with the "Virtuali" signature, you can be sure that's nothing is corrupted.

We HAD a small change in the installer though, and I suspect this might have something to do with your error.

Following a user report of a problem of the installer crashing when trying to write the DLL.XML file, that happened ONLY on Windows in Slovak language (nobody ever reported it before, and I couldn't reproduce the crash with the user file on my system, which leads to believe Windows treats XML files a bit different on some OS versions), we decided to make a small change and, instead of always placing the bglmanx.dll line as the first entry in the DLL.XML file (like we used to), the line will now placed at the end.

This fixed the issue immediately for that user, and he told me this change would grant us the gratitude of a whole forum in Slovakia, when everybody basically had that error and couldn't install anything from FSDT.

I do recall that we had to place bglmanx.dll always on top, because another 3rd party module had a problem that, anything loaded after it and using a different version of the Simconnect library, would crash. I *think* it was FS Copilot, but I'm not 100% sure. In any case, I assumed that after all these years, no developer would still use the original Simconnect anymore (the version we use has been released in 2007), considering that is also slower, since it always used a TCP connection, even when no networking was involved, and of course it has less features and many bugs.

Under NORMAL conditions, the loading order shouldn't matter but, it's POSSIBLE (this is just a guess) that, if you have OTHER 3rd party modules that are linked against an OLDER version of the Simconnect library, which now are loaded *before* the Addon Manager, the Windows Side-by-side mechanism, which is supposed (WHEN IT WORKS), to allow multiple versions of the same .DLL to be and run in the same memory address space at the same time, is not working correctly and, the fist module loaded will load the outdated version, and so bglmanx.dll will be forced to run with that version too, even if it has specifically indicated to Windows it needs the CURRENT one.

That's why you are seeing the error about Simconnect_text() not found. This API call wasn't available in the original Simconnect RTM, the one that was included with plain FSX before any Service Packs. It was added only with the SP1 and beyond.

The most likely explanation of this is that, because another 3rd party module that uses the original Simconnect is loading *before* bglmanx.dll, your FSX will load the old Simconnect, but it won't re-load the new one when bglmanx.dll asks for it. SInce the old one doesn't have the Simconnect_text() function, you get that error.

Unfortunately, the DLL.XML file I used for testing, which includes many other 3rd party modules, like the ones from PMDG, FSUIPC, Aerosoft, Level-D, FSX, VRS, doesn't have any problems, regardless if I place the bglmanx.dll at the start or at the end of the file. And this is how is supposed to work but, maybe, none of these modules is trying to load the old Simconnect, so no conflicts happens.

There would be an easy way to test this, for those affected:

- Open your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML file

- Look for these lines ( they are probably on the bottom of the file now:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Cut all these lines (from the <Launch.Addon> tag to the </Launch.Addon> closing tag), and paste them as the first section, after the first lines of the file, so it will end up to something similar to this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

If we are lucky, and the theory of the loading order is correct, it might fix your error. If not, then I've guessed wrong, and the problem lies elsewhere.

fsx100

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 11:54:45 pm »
Thank you, it worked!

The first time I loaded FSX the 3,0,0,7 warning came up, but after pressing OK FSX loaded normally. It hasn't come up again.

rockon01uk

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 12:01:38 am »
Yup same here got the 1st warning screen but clicked YES and everything seems to load fine now  :) Thanks.

SkyblueX

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 12:32:59 am »
Yes! I finally have ground services. I did run into another minor problem- Somehow, the AFCAD files were deleted, but I quickly solved it by reinstalling the Addon manager (the bglmanx.dll error came up again, but I just applied your solution again) and the problem was solved.

Once again, thank you so much for your quick response time and detailed response!

Oggie

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2015, 01:55:33 am »
Include me as one of those who found this solution to be what was needed. 
Ground support has been restored.