Author Topic: Problem with demo installation of Zurich  (Read 3643 times)

ducaud

Problem with demo installation of Zurich
« on: August 28, 2015, 08:48:37 pm »
Hello, I have Prepar3d V2.5. I wanted to buy the different airports you have. I downloaded and installed the Demo version of Zurich (LSZH)
After the installation I lost several items that I had in my modules tab, and instead I got a COUATL menu.
What I lost is my FSUIPC and my IFLY add on menus.
Also since my default aircraft is the Ifly 737, upon startup I get an error message Cannot find Ifly737NG.dll
I deleted the FSDreamteam Zurich airport and reinstalled FSUIPC and the IFly 737NG. and everything is back to normal.
I disabled the antivirus before the installation.
Is there any way to install your airports without causing this issue?
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with demo installation of Zurich
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 12:40:42 am »
The problem cannot caused by our installers. Have you saw the message about your XML file having a wrong encoding, as discussed here ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11834.msg90536.html#msg90536

The XML file corruption was caused by a ASN (they fixed it in the latest versions), so our installer correctly gave you the CHOICE between aborting the installation or continuing by creating a brand new XML file.

If you selected to continue with a brand new XML file, it's normal you would have lost all your other modules. But of course, we made a backup, in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX folder, so you can restore your existing XML file, and fix it as explained in the linked thread, before reinstalling the scenery again.