Author Topic: Ground flickering with the latest P3D Version  (Read 23317 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ground flickering with the latest P3D Version
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 11:21:09 am »
You need to install EZDOK for that. It depends on the view you have chosen. If you chose native P3Dv.3.1 views it will not happen. If your EZDOK VC CAM is active you will experience flickering, too.

If it doesn't happen with default cameras, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do. HOWEVER, we made some fixes to support the new avatar mode, which will appear with the KMEM (but will affect all sceneries), so it's POSSIBLE this might improve other non-standard views too.

G.Bosak

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 06:44:58 pm »
You need to install EZDOK for that. It depends on the view you have chosen. If you chose native P3Dv.3.1 views it will not happen. If your EZDOK VC CAM is active you will experience flickering, too.

If it doesn't happen with default cameras, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do. HOWEVER, we made some fixes to support the new avatar mode, which will appear with the KMEM (but will affect all sceneries), so it's POSSIBLE this might improve other non-standard views too.

I tried to watch how your other airports behave on that. So i went at least to KJFK, PHNL and CYVR. There is no issue with these airports in EZDOK CAM view. So i am personally just wondering why not here? What development detail FSDT KIAH airport could have, the others don't seem to have? (I don't believe in anomalies without reason :D)

In the long run i want to spare on EZDOK and looking forward to TrackIR to avoid such issues. Btw. EZDOK still doesn't like GSX without selecting GSX short-cut twice to get my keyboard buttons for EZDOK view back. Hope all the troubles will be gone, by changing to TrackIR.

regards
PGB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 10:05:57 am »
I tried to watch how your other airports behave on that. So i went at least to KJFK, PHNL and CYVR. There is no issue with these airports in EZDOK CAM view. So i am personally just wondering why not here? What development detail FSDT KIAH airport could have, the others don't seem to have?

KIAH is more precise with the ground/polygons altitude difference, so it will have way less issues with vehicles wheels sinking in the ground, which many users found annoying in the other sceneries. T

he downside of it, is that it requires more precision from the camera view, which is why you get some flickering with EZDOK CAM, which I guess is optimized for closer view.

mtbrkhrd

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2016, 05:40:20 pm »
Umberto,

so this will not be fixed then? That's a shame, because all your other airports work just fine using P3Dv3 and EZDok. And so do all airports of FlyTampa or Flightbeam for example. I really don't see why KIAH has to be different here. A fix would be highly appreciated.

Markus

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 10:53:30 am »
so this will not be fixed
then? That's a shame, because all your other airports work just fine using P3Dv3 and EZDok.

You already asked this question, and I already replied in the post above. I'll repeat it again: KIAH is more precise with the ground/polygons altitude difference, so it will have way less issues with vehicles wheels sinking in the ground, which many users found annoying in the other sceneries.

The downside of it, is that it requires more precision from the camera view, which is why you get some flickering with EZDOK CAM, which I guess is optimized for closer view.

And so do all airports of FlyTampa or Flightbeam for example

FlyTampa still use the slow FS8 ground polygons, which are processed in realtime by the sim (that's why they are slower) to conform with the round earth, so they don't have this issue. You pay for this in fps cost.

Flightbeam used them too, but it's going to switch to the same method we use for his next sceneries, since he has access to our scripting engine, so it's possible he'll have issues with non-standard cameras too.

We are handling the Avatar mode separately, for example ( a fix which is still not released ), but we can't support *every* other possible camera configuration.

I really don't see why KIAH has to be different here. A fix would be highly appreciated.

The scenery works fine with default cameras, so there's really nothing to fix. You can probably fix it yourself by adjusting the clipping parameters in the EZDOK  custom cameras configuration.