Author Topic: Ground flickering with the latest P3D Version  (Read 23318 times)

streichholz

Ground flickering with the latest P3D Version
« on: August 24, 2015, 01:20:07 pm »
Hi, I recently upgraded with a fresh Win10 and Prepar3D v2.5 ...46 Hotfix and installed KIAH and some other FSDT Aiports. At KIAH I noticed groundtexture flickering. What I mean is the ground under the runway is shining through, but only in distance (very small distance).

It's the first time I have this. All other FSDT Airports are working well.

Here is a picture.

http://abload.de/img/2015-8-24_13-18-56-63lfsmz.png

streichholz

Re: Ground flickering with the latest P3D Version
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 10:04:56 am »
Nothing ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 12:58:21 pm »
I tried to replicate your screenshot at the same position, but cannot see any flickering. See the attached screenshot.

What other addons you have installed, especially mesh ? Does the problem happens with those disabled ?

streichholz

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 01:01:52 pm »
I have just FTX Global installed. All other airports (LAX, JFK ...) working well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 01:07:20 pm »
I have just FTX Global installed

Does the problem happens with this disabled ?

All other airports (LAX, JFK ...) working well.

That doesn't mean much: each area is different. Also, have you set the Mesh Resolution and Complexity as indicated in the Design Section of the KIAH manual, 10 m/pixel resolution and 100% complexity ?

MatthiasKNU

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 05:42:01 pm »
Hello

I have the same problem.
The only Addon I have installed except Houston is FTX Global (without Vector), like Streichholz.

Here is a screenshot:

http://abload.de/img/2015-9-8_17-40-2-331q7shz.jpg

I tried to set the texture resolution to 10 m/pixel, the scenery complexity slider is set to maximum.
Mesh Resolution is set to 10m
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 06:21:25 pm by virtuali »
Kind Regards
Matthias

My System:
I7-7820X@4,3 GHz, GTX980, 16 GB RAM, 3x 512 GB SSD, ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming
Sim: Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4.5, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (English)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 06:21:53 pm »
The only Addon I have installed except Houston is FTX Global (without Vector), like Streichholz.

Does it happen if you disable FTX Global ?

Dimon

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 06:52:12 pm »
It's almost impossible to "disable" FTX Global as it's texture set that replaces default textures, not an add-one package that can be easily enabled\disabled. You either have FTX Global in your sim or not have it at all. I also have flickering with KIAH and FTX Global, but only under certain angles of view, so it's not bothering me much. However, a fix would be welcome at one point of time.
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 01:06:26 pm »
You either have FTX Global in your sim or not have it at all.

Then what you have to do to "not have it at all" ? Does it come with a proper uninstaller, or its installation cannot be undone without reinstalling FSX entirely ?

The reason for disabling it was to TEST if the issue was caused by it, not to suggest you must get rid of it permanently.

I also have flickering with KIAH and FTX Global, but only under certain angles of view, so it's not bothering me much. However, a fix would be welcome at one point of time.

After we'll asses if FTX Global is indeed the cause of the problem (or not), we might then start discussing who has to fix what and, how a fix could be done, and by whom.

In any case, one of our developers has FTX Global Base + FTX Vector, and he cannot see any flickering either. If you have a specific position when this happens, please indicate all the following:

- The Lat/Lon coordinates of your airplane

- The direction of view

- Your altitude

- Your zoom level

streichholz

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 04:51:48 pm »
There is no uninstaller for FTX Global. It replaces the textures in your sim. I would have to reinstall the entire sim just to test if the flickering is gone without global. But the airport  worked with Windows 7 and Global. I can set the settings in my sim according your manual but this doesn't help at all. It has no affect to the flickering.

It seems to appearing random for people.

Could a reinstallation of the scenery itself help, without downloading the latest AFCAD for it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 05:26:20 pm »
But the airport  worked with Windows 7 and Global.

This clearly proves the scenery doesn't have anything to do with this, since the scenery files don't have any knowledge of the OS used. If you are sure you installed the exactly the SAME products into the sim, and you are SURE you are using exactly the same settings as in Windows 7, the only possible explanation left, is a video driver settings that is different in Windows 10.

In any case, I have Windows 10 too, and you can see from the screenshot I attached earlier, taken from roughly the same angle, I don't have any ground bleeding.

streichholz

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2015, 12:49:07 pm »
Yes, I'm using exactly the same settings without a problem in Win 7.

I never thought of the video driver. Maybe I should use a later version because I have the first came out for Win 10. Will try this.

falconrae

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2015, 03:02:21 pm »
Hello,

I am not having the same luck with Windows 7 64 bit and P3D v3.1. Whilst I have no runway bleed throughs when using FSX, I do have runway bleed throughs using P3D v3 and now again with P3D v3.1.

See attached screenshot.

Following the suggestion in this post, I have updated my NVIDIA drivers to the latest version. The situation is unchanged - a[/img]ny idea what I could try out to resolve this?

Falconrae

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2015, 11:16:43 am »
Any idea what I could try out to resolve this?

I'm sorry, but I can only confirm what I already replied before in this post. I cannot replicate the problem in P3D, see the screenshot:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12372.msg94038.html#msg94038

Don't know if this a difference in drivers between Windows 10 and Windows 7. Maybe it is, but unfortunately we no longer have any Windows 7 PC to test on.

G.Bosak

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 07:30:10 pm »
Hi Umberto,

experienced this issue on my yesterdays flight, too. But after some investigation on that i meanwhile know why you can't
reproduce it yourself. It's not the operating system!

You need to install EZDOK for that. It depends on the view you have chosen.
If you chose native P3Dv.3.1 views it will not happen. If your EZDOK VC CAM is active you will experience flickering, too. (I've attached 2 screenshot to proof it, pls watch view indicator on the upper right of these pics)

I haven't approached all my airport since i've migrated to V3, but FSDT KIAH seems to be the first of all my airports which
seems to have troubles with EZDOK (Flightbeam, FlyTampa, T2G does not have any issues with EZDOK running with all their P3D compatible airports)

regards
PGB

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 07:34:22 pm by G.Bosak »