Author Topic: Static vehicles  (Read 6361 times)

Mike Oberg

Static vehicles
« on: November 07, 2008, 01:42:34 am »
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to get rid of the static vehicles from the FS9 KORD scenery I bought. I find them EXTREMELY annoying. I did find the one thread that said to change the mzzi_lib1.bgl file to mzzi_lib1.off and that didn't work. I even tried deleting that file altogether and nothing. I would really appreciate anyones help in this matter a I actually have the scenery off and this a shame considering the price I paid for it.

Thank you in advance,

Michael Oberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Static vehicles
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 02:50:18 pm »
First, you need to remove this TWO files:

KORD_mzzi_lib.bgl
KORD_mzzi_lib1.bgl

Not just KORD_mzzi_lib1.bgl, as was suggested in a previous thread. If you read that carefully, that post clearly said that by removing only KORD_mzzi_lib1.bgl would get rid just of a specific tpye of vehicles, not all of them.

By removing both files, the result will be like in the two images below, before renaming and after.

As you can see, almost all static vehicles will disappear. HOWEVER, some objects, like baggages cart or boxes, don't have their own BGL, and they are not even separate objects, that could be removed with an exclude. To save fps (because there would be no reference point for them), they are embedded in the terminal objects, as LOD, so they only appear when close. These can't be removed in any way.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 05:26:25 pm by virtuali »

Mike Oberg

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 04:43:05 pm »
Thank you for your reply. I did just as you said and completely removed both of the files (deleted them) restarted FS9 and seen the new scenery bar go accross. I stopped FS9, rebooted the computer and got back into FS9 and went to KORD. Nothing changed, just as many tugs and vans all over the place, hell you can't even push back without a tug or van driving thru your aircraft. Any other suggestions?? I completely did as you told me to do.

Thnak you again,

Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 05:25:04 pm »
I did just as you said and completely removed both of the files (deleted them) restarted FS9 and seen the new scenery bar go accross. I stopped FS9, rebooted the computer and got back into FS9 and went to KORD. Nothing changed

Well, it's not possible that "nothing" changed. You should at least see less vehicles otherwise, what would be the purpose of those two bgls, if really nothing changed by removing them ??

Are you sure you don't have another scenery for O'Hare, and what you are seeing is coming from that one instead ?

just as many tugs and vans all over the place, hell you can't even push back without a tug or van driving thru your aircraft. Any other suggestions?? I completely did as you told me to do.

If it's so crowded, maybe you really have another scenery: as you can see from my screenshot with the vehicles on, there are vehicles of course, but it's hardly too crowded, up to the point of not being able to push back the aircraft!

Mike Oberg

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 07:17:45 pm »
Thank you again for your response. I guess it did take away about 1/2 of the static vehicles, which does make it a little easier to pushback. I just wish there was a way to delete all of them. I really appreciate your response and time :)

Mike Oberg