Author Topic: Missing airprts buildings in O HARE  (Read 7731 times)

moracchini

Missing airprts buildings in O HARE
« on: November 06, 2008, 05:42:40 pm »
                    Hello,

Some new notifications to my last post:
                   Reactivation of ORD FS9:I'm said that scenery is active but see no buildings.RWYs and Taxiways are here.
                   I've looked for kord_tweak.bgl in FTMidway:it's renamed kord_tweak.fsdt that I think is right
                   Have you an idea about what to do?

Thank you

Pierre

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing airprts buildings in O HARE
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 05:45:36 pm »
I've looked for kord_tweak.bgl in FTMidway:it's renamed kord_tweak.fsdt that I think is right

Yes, this is right. That file is not needed, and might cause problems if it's not renamed.

Have you an idea about what to do?

Already told you in the other message: you need to install the current version. You problably used an old version. And, if you installed FS9 from scratch, ensure you have FS9.1 update.

moracchini

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 08:01:18 pm »
                  Sorry but reinstalled last version which is activated but now I have not only any buildings but any rwy , taxiways...nothing!!! I don't understand anything!!
                  Perhaps something:I reinstalled MDW manually (ie without FT installer ):is this a possible cause of problem??

Although your sceneries are very beautiful, they are rather hards to make them alive!!!!

Best regards     
                                                              Pierre

PS:the addon manager say the product is active!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 08:45:48 pm »
Sorry but reinstalled last version which is activated but now I have not only any buildings but any rwy , taxiways...nothing!!!

Now, this is different from what you said the first time. If you don't see just the buildings, it's an issue of having installed an old version. If you, instead, don't see *anything*, it might be because there's an error in your scenery.cfg file, that might have prevented the installer to automatically add O'Hare to your Scenery Library.

Try to add it manually, and of course, restart FS9 after doing that.

PS:the addon manager say the product is active!

So, as I've said already (twice), it's NOTHING related to the activation. If the Addon Manager says the product is active, than it IS ACTIVE.

If if wasn't active, you wouldn't see "nothing", you would see the scenery runs perfectly fine in TRIAL mode for 5-6 minutes. So, I repeat, it's not related to activation in any way.

dradecki

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 07:43:15 am »
No offense but your comments always seem harsh.  I have seen similar issues in installing my 3 sceneries I rightfully purchased but cannot get to show up.  It appears the copyright software YOU use has more issues then any other I've seen except maybe Starforce.  I understand protecting your product from piracy, but if the protection causes more issues then it cures it should be reevaluated.  Now it took me all day to finally get KORD to show up, now (even though it says all I've purchased is ACTIVE) KLAS and KJFK do not show up.  I have installed the latest AddonManager, I've uninstalled, and reinstalled with the latest version several times, started FSX and rebooted numerous times and I still can't use roughly $70 worth of products I rightfully purchased.  This is getting ridiculous.  Now you can get pissy like I see in numerous "Customer Service" replies, but what I would really like is a helpful email that attempts to help me solve this issue, instead of the typical "It's not out fault" reply.  Several people have seen similar issues over the last couple of years, so it looks to me to be more of your guys problem then a my problem.  I have been a software engineer for over 25 years, so I'm not an idiot as it applies to computers.  I request some service to allow me to use your products. 

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 11:33:53 am »
No offense but your comments always seem harsh.  I have seen similar issues in installing my 3 sceneries

No, you haven't. This is the FS9 section, and the issue reported here didn't had  anything to do the Addon Manager: the missing buildings were probably related to having manually installed FlyTampa Midway after KORD, which includes a file that needs to be removed, otherwise KORD will disappear. OR, it was a problem of a previously corrupted scenery.cfg, so the installer couldn't add the KORD line in the Scenery Library, which is something that would have happened with any other installer (no automatic installer can deal with a scenery.cfg with a syntax errors inside), and doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager.

Because, if you read the thread better, instead of starting to comment on the Addon Manager, as if ANY "disappeared buildings" was due to it (you are confusing cause with effect here), you would have noticed the poster said that he didn't see ANYTHING, including no ground and taxiways. It wasn't the case of not seeing just the buildings.

THAT'S why I'm saying THIS case doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager (that is also running fine, as the poster said), because the ground and the taxiways are NOT protected at all! ONLY the buildings are, but the ground scenery will work even without the Addon Manage so, if one doesn't see anything at all, it means the issue is a different one, either another scenery is excluding KORD, or it hasn't been added to the Scenery Library (because of errors in scenery.cfg), so it doesn't show up at all.

You, instead, were having problems in FSX, and the problem was trying to RUN Addon Manager in the first place. Not even the Addon Manager. In your case, by reading your message, the problem was loading Couatl.exe instead. So, entirely different issue, which doesn't have anything to do with this thread.

Now it took me all day to finally get KORD to show up

So, this means the software now works.

The Addon Manager, by itself, doesn't create any of the issues you have. The fact you had to reboot FSX several times, is only due to the fact the Windows Trusting mechanism (which is triggered by FSX), that we can't turn off, sometimes gets crazy, and decides to simply stop to work. Or, is spitting random messages about problems in the modules, even when the module it's fine, considering is usually cured by another FSX restart or a Windows reboot so, the module hasn't clearly changed.

If you followed other discussions, other users, while affected by this problem, were getting random error messages related to OTHER 3rd party modules, like FSUIPC, that don't have anything to do with our software. That doesn't mean that FSUIPC was at fault, simply that this known FSX bug had hitten that one instead and even that one, of course, was cured by another restart. After FSX manages to load a module without errors, it usually revert back to normal, until a *new* module triggers a new Trusting request, and THIS is the situation were there's a risk getting the errors again.

So, clearly, it's an FSX problem that is related to the requirement of modules to be trusted, which unfortunately we can't do much about it, because no updates or patches are probably coming for it.

now (even though it says all I've purchased is ACTIVE) KLAS and KJFK do not show up.  I have installed the latest AddonManager, I've uninstalled, and reinstalled with the latest version several times, started FSX and rebooted numerous times and I still can't use roughly $70 worth of products I rightfully purchased.

If KORD is working, it means the Addon Manager is working on your system.

Since the Addon Manager is only one, and it either runs or it doesn't, there's no way you could see KORD but not KLAS or KFJK, with Addon Manager saying all 3 are active, unless you haven't installed the scenery.

So please, send me an email with your order numbers, and at least we can first check if the orders are fine, and also check if you are perhaps trying to activate with a mistyped serial, all sort of things.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 12:10:19 pm by virtuali »