Author Topic: HSI question for Umberto  (Read 4767 times)

Orion

HSI question for Umberto
« on: August 29, 2015, 11:10:01 pm »
Got a small question -- does the Acceleration Hornet HSI acquire facility (i.e. navaid/airport) data through SimConnect (i.e. SimConnect_RequestFacilitesList, SimConnect_SubscribeToFacilities, and SimConnect_UnsubscribeToFacilities) or does it use GPS variables (or some other method I'm unaware of)?   I ask because I'm interested in obtaining facility data through SimConnect, but found that the SimConnect functions have missing data (reproduced here here and here) and was wondering if there's some sort of workaround.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: HSI question for Umberto
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 10:40:14 pm »
does it use GPS variables (or some other method I'm unaware of)?

This one. It calls C functions inside the FS9GPS.DLL module, so there's no Simconnect involved in this case. You might find some info here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/c-fs9gps-does-not-work-what-am-i-missing.17826/#post-116574

Orion

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 03:23:56 am »
Ah, using IGaugeCCallback and GetPropertyValue()?  That's actually what I meant to imply by referring to GPS variables.

Is that what the CFSProperty class (well, really its derived CFSPropertyString and CFSPropertyNumber classes) in your interpolator tutorial/sample is for (generalized for any C: variable for a given pGaugeCallback)?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:25:36 am by Orion »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 10:26:30 am »
Yes, that's it.

Orion

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 08:43:45 pm »
Thanks! :D