Author Topic: Dollies not Empty  (Read 7185 times)

mroschk

Dollies not Empty
« on: August 11, 2015, 07:41:59 pm »
Hello,

why are the Dollies not Empty when they arrive at the Plane for unloading ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dollies not Empty
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 10:40:00 pm »
Simply because they are made that way...

Added to the list of *really* minor possible things to update for a future version, with a very low priority, of course, since it's just a cosmetic issue that doesn't affect in any way the program, and with a very large list of more important stuff to add before.

Eisbahn

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 09:59:42 am »

Added to the list of *really* minor possible things to update for a future version, with a very low priority, of course, since it's just a cosmetic issue that doesn't affect in any way the program, and with a very large list of more important stuff to add before.

Umberto this is a brilliant reply, though I doubt it will have any influence on this arrogant member.

mroschk

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 10:36:54 pm »

You answer my request for the GPU that it is not real to have a not working GPU.

@Eisbahn: Dont answer my Posts if you have nothing to say...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 10:19:09 am »
You answer my request for the GPU that it is not real to have a not working GPU.

This doesn't obviously have anything to do with it.

The whole baggage loading process is "not working", since we are not changing the airplane weight in realtime so, what difference does it make if the number of luggage loaded or left at the end in each cart is not realistic ? The baggage loading process, and also the catering process are, BY DEFINITION, "eye-candy only", and nobody has any expectations for them to be any different.

A GPU, on the opposite, it's a system that might be very useful and can be made as a working system, like the de-icers, and users that will see a GPU will WANT to have it working, especially because many of the most popular 3rd party airplanes already have working GPUs so, it wouldn't make ANY sense to offer a system that will not do *anything* on airplanes without a GPU, and will not be used with airplanes that already have one.

And of course, as I already explained to you, so many times already, we never said we'll NEVER add a GPU, but just that we'll only add it if we can find a way to make it a WORKING one, that could possibly work with every airplane.

mroschk

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 11:20:58 pm »
Make the GPU/ASU to be as a user choice enabled or disabled.
Users with any AddOn Aircraft which have a working GPU must not use the one from GSX.
So i can be , same as the Dollies , a eye-candy.

The Dollies looks not very realistic if the come loaded to the plane to unload anything.
It just LOOKS not very nice and realistic.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 11:31:35 pm »
Make the GPU/ASU to be as a user choice enabled or disabled.

You just made my point: if we had a fake GPU, users with an airplane that has a working one will disable it, and users without one, will not get any benefit, and will instead get frustrated if it's not working. So, we'll have some users that won't care for it, and others that will be frustrated by how it was made. Sorry, no.

Users with any AddOn Aircraft which have a working GPU must not use the one from GSX.
So i can be , same as the Dollies , a eye-candy.

You still don't understand: nobody expects the luggage loading process would be of any benefit to the usage of the sim, which is why it's ok for it to be just just eye-candy, because it cannot be anything else. A GPU, instead, COULD be useful, because it might supply with power when you need to turn off engines, which is exactly what GSX requires.

That's why, we'll try to do it, but as a WORKING one. So, for the last time, just drop it, because GSX won't have a fake GPU. It might have, instead, a working one.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:33:17 pm by virtuali »

mroschk

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 02:56:27 pm »
User without a working GPU from the AddOn can not have a working GPU??
You can always connect ( turn on ) the GRD-Power ( provided by the GPU ).
If the Beacon/ACL is off or the Brakes are not set the GPU will not appear.. as a Tip. Because then the GRD Power is not working. :-)

Why can the loading/unloading process not load/unload the Airplane ??
You can , as it Topcat and some other Tools do, load/unload the Aircraft via FSUIPC/SimConnect.
So, if the empty Dollie come to unload the Aircraft, subtract ( lets say ) 20kg from the weight of the unloaded Station. That works with every Aircraft, also with PMDG or other AddOn Aircrafts.

Ok, the ASU is maybe a Problem, because not every airplane understand that the Air Pressure is given to start the Engines. Maybe, but i am not sure here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 03:22:21 pm »
User without a working GPU from the AddOn can not have a working GPU??

They obviously can't, since there's no such system in FSX. It can only be made with some kind of hack, like the "eternal" battery feature in FSUIPC.

You can always connect ( turn on ) the GRD-Power ( provided by the GPU ).

We cannot "connect" anything, because such system doesn't exist by default.

WHICH IS WHY, we must find a way to support different 3rd party addons, to provide power "universally" OR connecting through their own system.

But again, 3rd party airplanes that DO simulate ground power, usually have their own visible vehicles.

If the Beacon/ACL is off or the Brakes are not set the GPU will not appear.. as a Tip. Because then the GRD Power is not working. :-)

I don't know what you are trying to say here. It seems you got it backwards: it's not that we should know WHEN to display a FAKE GPU "because there's no power". The issue is to command, with GSX, a GPU that will actually supply power.

Why can the loading/unloading process not load/unload the Airplane ??

Because there's no way to know from FSX what a loading station means. It only has a name, but there's no way to reliably know what it represents. It might be a whole cargo bay area, but it can also be a single person (like "the pilot" ). This, of course, has been discussed many times already too.

You can, as it Topcat and some other Tools do, load/unload the Aircraft via FSUIPC/SimConnect

So, if the empty Dollie come to unload the Aircraft, subtract ( lets say ) 20kg from the weight of the unloaded Station. That works with every Aircraft, also with PMDG or other AddOn Aircrafts.

Why you keep insisting that Topcat "works with every Aircraft", when you were ALREADY proven wrong about it, here ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9093.msg73787.html#msg73787

If we tried to change the airplane weight in real time, the balance and the height will change, so the GSX vehicles will not match it the doors anymore so, it will be very messy to fix it, because we would have to estimate how much the GSX vehicles (that don't even have a "flight model") should compensate for it.

Don't you think we already THOUGHT (and TRIED IT) already ? And yes, it CAN be seen, and it's quite annoying.

Ok, the ASU is maybe a Problem, because not every airplane understand that the Air Pressure is given to start the Engines. Maybe, but i am not sure here.

It's the same as a GPU, no default system exists. And every 3rd party airplane does it differently.

WHICH IS WHY, we still don't have a GPU. As explained, so many times already...

Eisbahn

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 07:47:45 pm »
Hi Umberto. Why don't you just ignore (or even ban this person) and save your valuable time on the really important updates still outstanding.
I'm sure there are many more members who would agree that this would be an excellent idea.
Eisbahn

mroschk

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 09:18:03 pm »
We cannot "connect" anything, because such system doesn't exist by default.

What ... have a look into the FSUIPC documentation and set the Offset for GRD-Power to on.
You have not to "connect" anything..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 09:59:09 am »
What ... have a look into the FSUIPC documentation and set the Offset for GRD-Power to on. You have not to "connect" anything..

It would be really best if you tried to KNOW something about FSX programming, instead of launching yourself into such "suggestions".

As I've said, there's NO Ground power system in FSX, that FSUIPC offset for the Ground Power is specific to the 737NGX so, it wouldn't make any sense to use that one to support JUST the NGX, since the NGX would be the most obvious case where, a GSX GPU would be DISABLED by the user, since the airplane already comes with its own.

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 12:06:49 am »

Umberto this is a brilliant reply, though I doubt it will have any influence on this arrogant member.
Calling a paying (hopefully) customer arrogant is a very bad idea typically. But as I do not know the whole story, I am assuming this guy keeps pestering Umberto into adding useless features?