Author Topic: Trojan in GSX version 1.9.11?  (Read 2659 times)

Captain Fred

Trojan in GSX version 1.9.11?
« on: August 06, 2015, 07:56:59 pm »
I am running ESET NOD32 Antivirus. I disabled it when I installed the new version 1.9.11 downloaded from your website. When I went to run P3D v2.5, I got an
alert that it was infected with the enigma trojan. This is the first time EVER that my antivirus warned me of a potential threat from Virtuali software. I have many addons
from FSDT and Flightbeam but NEVER received a warning. The antivirus removed the infected file and so I don't have GSX running.
What is going on here? Is the file infected? Please advise. Thanks.
 :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trojan in GSX version 1.9.11?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 08:53:11 pm »
The antivirus false positive issue has been discussed so many times.

It's very likely your antivirus has been updated and, instead of being more reliable, it has been made less reliable, in its attempt to "catch more virus" ( which is good for marketing ), having new questionable heuristic to give users the illusion the antivirus does more work, when in fact is only mistakenly blocking legit programs from working.

The file is not obviously infected, it's just an antivirus bug.

To prevent from false positives, we do everything we can, to comply with every known anti-false-positive best practices, such as:

- Digitally sign all our executables, so you know they haven't been compromised

AND

- Support the Taggant IEEE standard, which allows antivirus programs to recognize legit products from threats. Of course, the Taggant system must be supported by the antivirus.

As explained in all forum threads about antivirus interference, the solution is always the same:

- Download and install with the antivirus ENTIRELY DISABLED

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

Captain Fred

Re: Trojan in GSX version 1.9.11?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 07:47:33 pm »
Thank Umberto.