Author Topic: Can I get a stairway for the front door of A320?  (Read 2521 times)

bobsk8

Can I get a stairway for the front door of A320?
« on: August 04, 2015, 03:47:17 am »
I don't have jetways in my scenery in P3D, and I am wondering if there is a way to get a stairway in the front left door as there is in the rear left door of the cabin? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can I get a stairway for the front door of A320?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 10:49:02 am »
Are you sure you don't have jetways ? Jetways, at least in the default scenery, do not appear at all Scenery Complexity settings, so there might be a jetway even if you don't see it.

To check if there's a jetway, you can use the "Customize airport positions" menu options, which will list all parkings that have a jetway.

And, GSX will also say "Remember to activate the jetway" so, if you see this message, but not the jetway, it means your Scenery Complexity settings are too low for that one to be visible.

bobsk8

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 01:01:55 pm »
Are you sure you don't have jetways ? Jetways, at least in the default scenery, do not appear at all Scenery Complexity settings, so there might be a jetway even if you don't see it.

To check if there's a jetway, you can use the "Customize airport positions" menu options, which will list all parkings that have a jetway.

And, GSX will also say "Remember to activate the jetway" so, if you see this message, but not the jetway, it means your Scenery Complexity settings are too low for that one to be visible.
Yes I do have my scenery set to mid range, and jetways do not appear at this setting, and I do get the message about the jetway. So if that is true, then the front stairway will not be available at all? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 01:08:31 pm »
I do get the message about the jetway. So if that is true, then the front stairway will not be available at all? 

This confirms the issue, GSX is working normally and is not displaying the front stairway because there IS a jetway there, you just not seeing it because your Scenery Complexity is too low for that jetway to appear.

You have two options:

- Raise the Scenery Complexity slider until you see the jetway

OR

- If you want to stay at that Scenery Complexity level, you can use the "customize this parking position" option in GSX, to turn off the jetway, so GSX will consider the parking to be in the open, and will display all stairs.