Author Topic: Dips in scenery **SOLVED**  (Read 4766 times)

fullmetal19

Dips in scenery **SOLVED**
« on: August 01, 2015, 11:15:26 pm »
Hello,

I'm Having some problems with the scenery. There are dips in the scenery and building missing. Can somebody help please.

http://s24.photobucket.com/user/crazywhiteguy700/media/kiah1_zpsihevc96n.png.html

http://s24.photobucket.com/user/crazywhiteguy700/media/kiah2_zps09ih8rdy.png.html?sort=3&o=0
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 09:35:39 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dips in scenery
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 08:11:22 am »
Your screenshots are not very clear, but the problem is likely caused by another scenery in conflict. The most common cause of offending sceneries are AFCADs that are supplied with AI Traffic products like MyTraffic, etc.

You can use the free FSX Airport Scanner utility to search for duplicated AFCADs and remove all the extra.

sumnersd

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 12:53:36 am »
Good evening. I am having the same issue with plateaus and canyons. Also missing buildings. I have downloaded the latest GSX, and KIAH. Re-instal, but same issue. I tried the above program to find duplicate AFCADS, but did not find any.  I found path to FSX, and I believe the scenery.cfg file is in users, appdata,roaming,microsoft, fsx.   I am running mytraffic13. Have never had an issue till lately. Would it help to say no when asked if I want to load latest AFCAD, when I load KIAH? I can't find AFCAD files in Mytraffic folder. Am I missing anything, or is there another thread dealing with this issue?  Thanks

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 05:33:41 pm »
 I am running mytraffic13. Have never had an issue till lately.

Mytraffic adds thousands of it's own airport files so you will need to remove any offending duplicates. Read the documentation for MyTraffic as it will be explained where to find them. Even a google search will return plenty of info as it's such a common problem.

sumnersd

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 09:31:29 pm »
I uninstalled the latest GSX, and KIAH, then reinstalled older versions of both and problem solved.